Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 03:08 PM   #11
fordjuse
Banned
Re: Frustration with TRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
Ironic that someone buying 4 ss frowning on the idea of preorder postings preventing others from getting one
Pre order announcements FAILED original poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
What would you need 4 mp Starscreams for anyway, if not to sell? Maybe you could help the original poster of this thread out and sell him one.

Not really man. I buy what I want and how many I want. This post is not about me or my buying habits.

Why would I help a " STRANGER " on the boards? Na man. Unless I gain something the also benefits me then I do not do it.

Best of luck to OP.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #12
Poflymn
Beast Machine
Poflymn's Ebay Auctions

In response to the OP...TRU does not have any rime or reason to when they update their website. I have seen updates late at night, on weekends, in the middle of the day. It just seems to be whenever the webmaster guy gets around to it.

Other people posting stock at locations is more of a benefit then anything. Plenty of times someone has posted something I am looking for at a location I do not usually go to or that is a little farther away and I was able to get the item.

However, buying 4 MP Starscreams seems a little over the top and sounds like someone bought extras up to resell. I can understand someone buying 2: one for Robot mode and one for jet mode.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordjuse View Post
Pre order announcements FAILED original poster.

Not really man. I buy what I want and how many I want. This post is not about me or my buying habits.

Why would I help a " STRANGER " on the boards? Na man. Unless I gain something the also benefits me then I do not do it.

Best of luck to OP.
So essentially you are saying " I bought 4, everyman for himself, you snooze you lose". Isn't missing on the pre order the same premise
Old 09-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #14
ON-Oric
Generation 1

The problem I run into frequently is unhelpful staff at TRU forcing me to spend whole days going to them like a beggar looking for change. They demean you for asking, likely because they get asked all the time. I thought moving to Toronto would improve my chances but it hasn't as a lot of the store associates get a cut by regular buyers and stash items. They might say otherwise... someone I used to buy from admitted to me jokingly one time the reason I wasn't getting any luck is it was a "business" and the smarter resellers develop relationships with the store clerks and grease their palms. I get one day off a week it's not practical to camp out at the stores and it's the main motivator unlicensed sellers who sell 3p get my business now because I'm paying that now for takara figures, and I got the time to make wise decisions.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #15
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I personally do buy extras sometimes to resell them down the road. I got 3 MP Soundwaves back then for 130-140 and I recently sold one to a fellow board member that I don't even know for way less than what Ebay ask for from the Wanted Section here. I sometimes buy extras just to help out some new collector, I did however make 30 dollars profit off it which I think is reasonable after I did spend time and gas driving around to look for it. But don't get me wrong, don't even try to sell these toys as investment of some kind, because it doesn't worth. I do feel glad that I help out those fellows when they get their toys with just a little profit.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
CAF
Banned

There was only the option to preorder 2

I preorderd 1. To OP- perhaps a buddy system where first one of the 2 to see it up will preorder one for the both of you?

There has to be creative ways to get in on the preorders if you seem to miss it a lot
Old 09-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #17
ON-Oric
Generation 1

That's not a bad way...
Old 09-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #18
DesertDog
Beast Machine

I only found out about the SS Preorder from a friend in town who texted me when it went up. Ironically he's the same guy who sold me my Takara coronation Starscream. So just try to make contacts with other collectors. Ones with desk jobs, or who work from home are great, they're always wired.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #19
ON-Oric
Generation 1

Lots of good advice guys I think I need to get more community connected.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #20
Deception
Crossover

I too got my preorder from these so called dummies. I salute you!
Closed Thread