Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-25-2016, 01:06 AM   #61
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: The Culture of KO's

Wait a sec...there were 'factory seconds' for MP Ratbat? Hmmm...odd. No more odd than a KO of Ratbat in the first place, but how could one even prove the factory had seconds, let alone sell them? Does anybody have any more info?

Ironwave, here's the deal on customs: it's a crapshoot, but my personal history is this...I've only paid customs fees (usually, it's GST, not actual fees) on one MP, and that was from BBTS. But I've also received two packages from them that were of similar value and neither was dinged. All my ebay purchases from Hong Kong also went without any dings. It's pure luck, but over the long term you should get luckier than not.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:46 AM   #62
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I've actually seen some incidences (allegedly) of factory mp's that were rejects, fell off the back of a truck or something of that nature. I knew a guy who was selling mp rodimus's (rodimii?) that came with no packaging. At the same time these packageless rodimii were showing up on ebay and asian etailers.
From what I know mp rodimus wasn't ko'd so it sort of corroborates the story
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #63
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

Many threads showed the differences in molding between MP Ratbat and the KO. The KOs are not factory rejects. Anyone will find the right posts on that topic, here and on tfw2005, by searching properly.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:00 AM   #64
CanBot
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
Many threads showed the differences in molding between MP Ratbat and the KO. The KOs are not factory rejects. Anyone will find the right posts on that topic, here and on tfw2005, by searching properly.
Good to know. I'll track that down when the mood strikes. I'm glad there are differences, as this really does affect resale value down the road. I'll pick up an official one when the price is right...or at least righter than right now.