Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Reprolabels Junkions + (WIP)

So for the last week I've been working on a few customs and now I'm looking for suggestions on them.

First up the Junkions. So I've wanted to do the Reprolabels Junkions for a little while. And after tracking down 2 extra RtS Wreck-Gars, I had my junkions. But then I thought, why not take a cue from Stronghold and do some paint work to further differentiate them from Wreck-Gar and each other. So..

On the left is "NewMan" and on the right is "Chump". I want to make them look different, yet similar to each other at the same time. I want them to share some of the same color schemes without being straight up pallet swaps of each other.

I used gloss black on NewMans nipple guns and gloss red on Chumps. I also made Chumps "rib" sections red and left NewMans' stock. Which I'm thinking of painting, either chrome or maybe a blue or even teal, to give them a little "Hack and Slash" look. But I think blues may be outside on the Junkion pallet. I painted over the stock yellow wrists on Chumps with a slightly brighter gloss yellow, and again left NewMan's stock. Again, I've been thinking of painting NewMan's, but not sure on what color to go with. Maybe silver.

Here you can kind of see the differences I've made to heads to make them not only different from each other, but also Wreck-Gar himself. Chump, all I did was paint those molded in "arrows" on the side of his head yellow to match his wrists. NewMan's I painted red. And I redid his face with "Ghost Grey" AND I even went over his facial hair with gloss black so that it differentiate slightly more from Chumps stock matte black. Again, I'm not 100% satisfied with them. I like the grey on NewMan, but it doesn't look all that different from Chumps natural tan unless you look at them side by side. I'm considering going over one of their faces with a stand out color, like silver, or chrome, or blue, or teal. I'm also thinking of coloring their antennas, but that's clear plastic, so I'm a little hesitant.

I went and painted the bars and shocks on each of them too. I would have painted the gears and chains too, if only I could remove the wheel and then put it back on.

NewMan, taking inspiration from a dirt bike, I made his pipes flat black and painted the "springs" with chrome, trying to only paint the outer spring and not the inner portion to give it some dimension and have look like a real spring. While Chump I made his pipes all chrome, like that of a chopper. And just painted the springs gloss black to imitate plastic covered shocks.

That's all I have right now. Keep in mind this is before I apply the stickers. I want the stickers to still be the star of the show, just with some additional paint for back up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0627.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	12649   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0631.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	12650   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0634.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	12651   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0639.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	12652   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0642.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	12653  

Last edited by UltraPrimal; 12-15-2011 at 08:42 PM.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician
Re: Reprolabels Junkions + (WIP)

I am not sure if it is just my browser but your pictures did not load up as they all have little X's in them sounds pretty sweet what you did you like to see it so hopefully it gets fixed
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Weird. How about now?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

works for me now and looks pretty good can't wait to see them with the reprolabels on them
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote