Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 10-24-2011, 07:34 PM   #11
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..
Re: anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught

Wow, the combo looks GREAT, can't wait to see the final...the big Decepticon logo is a really nice touch.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: anyone getting the headrobots butcher kit and planning on doing work on onslaught

did a bit more work on him... i REALLY wanted those swat logos on the legs gone, but theres really no getting them off so i had to think of a way to paint over them. came up with this... its pretty sloppy but i can live with it... i had to use tamiya flat red as it was all i could find after the mr. color shit i was using before just got way too gummy or something near the end of it. i'm gonna pick up some clear coat which should help make it look better, and i'll see what i can do about cleaning up the bad edges.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #13
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i also might paint the little rectangley vent thingies on his knees there... we'll see.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #14
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

ok, so i guess this is him fully done. thanks again to chans for the shield! i'm not overly happy with how it looks... i think what would make me happiest with the shield is a much larger logo, but thats not really possible. i painted some stuff up in the upper shoulder which kinda makes me think of energon flowing through circuitry... i dunno. overall my happiness with the turnout is like 8/10

Old 12-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #15
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

i just realized this is a pretty shit pic. i'll try and take a better one tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #16
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Yeah, I'm interested to see more of your custom. Have you thought of a name for him?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #17
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

i actually really like the colors. i mentioned this before but i really think what's missing is a little highlight in silver or a lighter color in the dark parts of the paint. As is it's really dark in color below the shoulders and in the head. Makes it lack contrast. Any way my two cents. I'll shut up now.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
chans formers
raff ow roud

very nice evil looking dark colors!!
he almost remonds me of some of the color combos from takara's brave series.
(glad to see the shield all done up too,the red vents really stand out on it in a good way)
Old 12-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

welp, heres the "better" photo... you cant really see the shield now, but i guess overall the picture is better quality.