Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Hasbro Planning To Raise Toy Prices And Modifying For A Cost Cut

See? THIS is what justifying that idiotic Unicron is doing. If they can sucker and screw fans with that then they might as well go all the way. Not even slightly shocked to hear this. It is exactly what ai have been advocating against all along.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #12
JonoPrime
Robot Master

If/when this comes to light Im ok with it ... There’s plenty more things in life that I can dedicate my time & money towards.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
See? THIS is what justifying that idiotic Unicron is doing. If they can sucker and screw fans with that then they might as well go all the way. Not even slightly shocked to hear this. It is exactly what ai have been advocating against all along.
Hasbro and Takara have already been raising prices on Masterpiece figures already. Most of the Hasbro toys are overpriced now as it is. Take Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black series. For what you get at 40.00 a figure is insane. It made me stop buying them. I only buy specific Transformers now because most are over-priced even on sale.
Third Party stuff will follow suit soon enough but everything everywhere is getting more expensive. It's not a good thing but if I want that specific figure, take Beast Wars MP's, I have to pay their inflated price and sacrifice on the regular stuff I normally would buy.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #14
python
Alternator

Can someone remove or shrink the image on OP post?
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:40 AM   #15
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
Can someone remove or shrink the image on OP post?
Only Super Megatron can do that. I can however download the image, resize it, then re-upload it to a new post in this thread but that original post can only be edited by OP (Super Megatron).

As for the article, this really is starting to be a real hassle to collect this crap anymore. There taking all the fun out of it. Basically you get the same figures (BB, OP, Megs, Starscream etc etc) over & over again just slightly different, cheaper plastic (& less plastic at that), more hollow pieces, less quality, very poor distribution & now again we get another price increase ? Pretty soon the box will be worth more (for the box art) in the end then the figure itself. Let em' keep doing this. They're just pushing more of us out of the hobby plus the more the price goes up, parents buy less for their kids come Xmas time, Birthdays etc. & in the end they lose out on the $$$.

Ya know this is ok by me too. I collect other things beside TF's anyway - Funko Pop's, Hot Wheels, Hockey Cards, CD's & DVD's etc. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. Plain & simple.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 08-30-2019 at 07:56 AM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #16
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Can't wait for $50 Deluxes! Great job Hasbro! Always doing what's best for the fans!