Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2017, 01:12 PM   #51
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: NES classic edition worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
I've been told that, historically, Nintendo is really bad with new product roll outs, not producing enough units to meet demand, but you'd think they would've learned their lesson years ago.
On one hand, if they go all in on something and it flops, the company probably goes out of business. They are super conservative in that regard in that they don't have another branch of the company that can prop them up if that happens like MS and Sony do.

But ya, whoever they have in charge of market demand or whatever is not good at their job.

I read a Regie interview a few weeks back that they thought the only people who would be interested in a NES Classic are people in their 30-40 who sorta remember what a NES was, and determined their stock according. And that if they would to treat it like a proper console launch, they would need to dedicate a factory to just making NES Classics.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #52
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I can understand all that, but now they can clearly see that the demand FAR outnumbers their supply, so you'd think they'd step it up a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
On one hand, if they go all in on something and it flops, the company probably goes out of business. They are super conservative in that regard in that they don't have another branch of the company that can prop them up if that happens like MS and Sony do.

But ya, whoever they have in charge of market demand or whatever is not good at their job.

I read a Regie interview a few weeks back that they thought the only people who would be interested in a NES Classic are people in their 30-40 who sorta remember what a NES was, and determined their stock according. And that if they would to treat it like a proper console launch, they would need to dedicate a factory to just making NES Classics.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #53
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Ya, it's a hot mess. They probably lost some trust in their stockholders when they have shown multiple times being unable to keep up with demand or be able to gauge the landscape.

I feel like the Switch is one of the rare times Nintendo knows they have a hot product on their hands and are prepared for it. Wii, amiibo, NES Classic, all those caught them by surprise.