Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-16-2020, 11:50 AM   #1
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong
What if Generations was to move on from mainly G1?

Imma probs piss off the Truck not monkey, Unicron Trilogy hating, Michael Bay despising fans, but what if Generations started to move on from focusing mainly on G1?

Not saying that we stop getting G1 just switch it up. We have had mainly G1 characters interpreted in Generations with some other characters sprinkled in here and there. So what if that were switched. Instead we get like Beast Wars character interpretations with G1 sprinkled in.

Like I totally agree G1 is the foundation to Transformers so we can't get rid of it ever, but for being called Generations it sure those only really focus on one Generation of Transformers. Like I said I know I'll piss off or rub the wrong way a couple of hardcore G1 fans, but i think after almost 2 decades of reiterations of G1 characters its time to give some love to the rest of the series which make up Transformers plus I doubt it will get any more G1 accurate than Earthrise and Masterpiece.

Stay safe everyone!😊
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: What if Generations was to move on from mainly G1?

Oh please god yes.

If you're a BW fan, you've had a couple bones tossed your way. Except Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap were already... five years ago?

If you're an Armada fan, you've had basically two toys.

If you're anything else, nah.

It's one thing to kind of keep things where you know your primary sales are. And if that's G1, fine.

But it's G1 over, and over, and over again, and somehow THAT MUCH G1 isn't enough for the trukk not munky crowd...

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
DesertDog
Beast Machine

I’d be fine with it. I want to get away from Generations anyway, and I’d be better able to focus on Masterpiece and vintage G1 figures.

Not that I don’t have a more than a few non-G1 figures, but they’re not essential.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Soundwaves
Robot Master

I'm 37.

I have 0 sentimentality when it comes to anything outside of G1/G2 cartoons.

I wouldn't buy anything else unless someone put some cannon together that sucked me in.

Baysformers actually pushed me away from the franchise more than sucking me in.

I really enjoyed Bumblebee though.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
Alliniere
A giant glowing cloud

I was a beast wars kid, and while I wish my childhood got more love, the Beast Wars masterpiece like is scratching that itch by being the PERFECT versions of them.

what *I* miss is new characters, non-show characters, things that exist only for the toyline. I miss seeing that sort of thing of shelves.
Alliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
I'm 37.

I have 0 sentimentality when it comes to anything outsidþe of G1/G2 cartoons.

I wouldn't buy anything else unless someone put some cannon together that sucked me in.

Baysformers actually pushed me away from the franchise more than sucking me in.

I really enjoyed Bumblebee though.
I totally understand. I would never want to alienate or 'kick out' G1 fans. Last thing i want is to make the fanbase smaller. Not saying to get rid of G1, its the reason we have all we have now. Just that G1 is no longer the only classic so to speak. Personally could not live without my Bumblebees and Hot Rods. I understand where your coming from and its totally valid to just want a certain part of the franchise in your collection.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #7
TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Oh please god yes.

If you're a BW fan, you've had a couple bones tossed your way. Except Rhinox, Waspinator, and Rattrap were already... five years ago?

If you're an Armada fan, you've had basically two toys.

If you're anything else, nah.

It's one thing to kind of keep things where you know your primary sales are. And if that's G1, fine.

But it's G1 over, and over, and over again, and somehow THAT MUCH G1 isn't enough for the trukk not munky crowd...
Personally grew up on the Unicron Trilogy, mainly Energon & Cybertron. Some of favourite memories are watching those cartoons. Ofc they are relatively new in relation to say Beast Wars, so I wouldnt expect nor really want those reinterpretations just yet. Beast Wars is one of my favorites and basically what started the type engineering we would grow to expect with Transformers so I def want some reinterpretations of the cast like Silverbolt, Terrorsaur, and Tarantulus. Also non show characters. We could some exclusive Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars 2 figures too.

That said I would never want to fully phase out G1/G2 ever. Its foundational and getting our Megs, OPs, Bees, and such is always going to be a must.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #8
TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliniere View Post
I was a beast wars kid, and while I wish my childhood got more love, the Beast Wars masterpiece like is scratching that itch by being the PERFECT versions of them.

what *I* miss is new characters, non-show characters, things that exist only for the toyline. I miss seeing that sort of thing of shelves.
Definitely. When I found out Beast Wars was a thing my mind exploded. I was like Dinos and Transformers fuzed? Awesome! And when I looked into it all the crazy stuff we got from it like Fuzors, Transmetals, and all the Japanese Beast wars exclusive stuff was like. I want that in generations. Mainly cause I wanna have the feeling of enjoying those characters first hand on a more casual level(Aka im broke). Love that MP has taken on Beast Wars but I still def want the sort of reimaginings G1 characters have gotten.

I have heard of speculation tho that the BW anniversary is coming up and that we might get reissues. So heres to hoping for that.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #9
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

I'm also 37, and was totally disconnected from TF property really after the G2 rehash.

Cybertron/Galaxy Force came out with some character names I recognized, and I was back in. Also 20th anniversary Optimus Prime (MP-01) came out around then, so I started paying attention to other lines like Alternators.

It's fun to get modernized versions of characters you know.

I know people would want updates to Armada characters or Energon characters, and if those people would buy the toys because those are the characters they know, then sure. I'm just not sure if the demographics support it.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

A new line... that isn't G1 orientated!?!? The world cant handle anymore riots atm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cbab311e05bccaca89d0e565e45857c8.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	46566  
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote