Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #501
Undrave
Canadian Slag
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
I hope so.
I'd definitely be in for a CW Abominus (plenty of childhood nostalgia there for me).

On the flipside, remolding might be trickier. I could potentially see some fancy retooling done to accommodate shared/similar molds between Abominus/Piranhacon, but Predaking is pretty unique in that aspect...
They could always fudge around with Predaking to make a Beast Wars hommage? I know Beast Wars didn't have a five part combiners but I wouldn't mind a rethinking of Magnaboss as scramble city guy. 'Magnaboss' is an awesome name after all. Maybe Razorclaw as Leo Prime, Divebomb as Airazor, you could even have two Rampage as Cheetor and Tigatron and... I dunno another Rhinox or maybe remold the rhino into an elephant? I don't know...

Point is there's a way to get a reuse out of it even if it's not another precious G1 reference.

Last edited by Undrave; 04-22-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #502
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Hasbro already stated that they would run the Combiner Wars series for at least 2 years, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet we'll see the beast-type combiners as early as late this year or a year from now.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 AM   #503
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I will be surprised if a CW Predaking happens. There is not much repaint potential with the Predacons.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #504
Bountyan
Cybertron

I just want Abominus at the very least so I can get all the original scramble city guys in CW form. Since it's very likely Computron is happening.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #505
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I will be surprised if a CW Predaking happens. There is not much repaint potential with the Predacons.
Unless they save him for next summer and do a premium paint job and release him at SDCC as a set, and then just have the normal ones individually at regular retail.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM   #506
Prime Sinister
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
Yeah, there is a fanmode variation when you can mistransform the upper thighs deliberately to extend them but then his proportions are skewed the other way and he looks too thin/narrow around the waist or hips and his looks kinda lanky.

I like these proportions better. Maybe a fan-made Groove skirt will cover up the thin Hotspot thighs.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #507
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
I like these proportions better. Maybe a fan-made Groove skirt will cover up the thin Hotspot thighs.
I am interested in finding out what Takara will bring out. For the first two combiners they included the original G1 cast as the extra limb. For Defensor Grove is there already, not sure if they would scrap that chest add on and re-mold a larger deluxe size Grove instead. I would so buy that idea.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #508
Blitzwing
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
I am interested in finding out what Takara will bring out. For the first two combiners they included the original G1 cast as the extra limb. For Defensor Grove is there already, not sure if they would scrap that chest add on and re-mold a larger deluxe size Grove instead. I would so buy that idea.
The problem with that is that Slingshot and Wildrider were remolds of already existing molds. Groove would need to be a brand new mold all together, so it would be tough to see that happen. I suppose he could be remolded into Afterburner if they were to do the Technobots in the future.

If Takara did go that route, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hasbro follow suit like they did with Quickslinger and Break-neck.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #509
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingd0ng View Post
Takara's definitely not including the Legends figures in their version of CW (aka Unite Warriors). The Blackjack and Groove are being released under Transformers Adventure (their catch-all for RID, old mold repaints and releases of molds Takara never used before) as Runabout and Override respectively.

So for Defensor they'd have to just stick with Rook, or...there's speculation that there's a Computron in the works for CW/Unite Warriors, so if they already have a mold for Afterburner they could retool it as a proper Groove.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:52 AM   #510
lothos
Generation 1

Hmmm I just read that Hasbro is releasing an all female autobot Combiner Team... I wonder if it will be a Titan class counter to Devastator? Though that would not make my wallet happy it could be awesome to see Victorion vs Devastator. Assuming they make new quality molds.
lothos is offline   Reply With Quote