Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #41
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Prices on Shelflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Another problem with BST forums is that often the people either don't bother taking something off their BST once they've sold it, or, and this TRULY baffles me, is that they keep it on there purposely with the word "sold" next to it or they have a dedicated "sold" section!

IF IT'S BEEN SOLD THEN TAKE IT THE FUCK OFF YOUR BST!!!

If you have the time to write "sold" next to it or move it to a "sold" subsection, then you have time to delete it. Keeping it on there does nothing but cause people to waste time looking at your thread when it comes up in a search only to find the item "sold".
I do this on my sales thread occasionally, but with reason. All of my photos have multiple items in them, so I highlight things that have sold so people don't message me asking if I still have a figure and what the price would be. I'm not going to retake a picture with 15 figures in it because 1 figure sold. Still, after a few things have moved, then I'll re-shoot the picture and get rid of the listing. Mostly I have to do that with Kijiji though, cause at least 75% of people on Kijiji have the mental skills of dirty bath water. Here, TFW and AFN.ca aren't too bad.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #42
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMarknus View Post
The absolute worst is "make offers" when they have absolutely no intention of accepting less than the list price.
I agree. I hate the "make me an offer" posts.

"Make me an offer". No! How about you just tell me what you want for it, don't make me have to guess!

"Make me an offer" translates as: "I don't really want to sell this stuff, so I'll hold out till someone offers me a stupid amount of money for it."
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #43
Pascal
Banned

"Make an offer" is more like "Crossing fingers for an out of this world offer".
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #44
CBII
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Probably for the same reason people post "PM sent" or "PM replied to" (disguised free bumps).

Binjo!

"make me an offer" threads can F@ck off.

I tried it once for a figure and never got offers. I put a price on it and it sold.

I have used (SOLD) instead of deleting the item before as well but for the same reason that Alexander Quinn stated.

But ya just delete the sold item.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #45
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I do this on my sales thread occasionally, but with reason. All of my photos have multiple items in them, so I highlight things that have sold so people don't message me asking if I still have a figure and what the price would be. I'm not going to retake a picture with 15 figures in it because 1 figure sold. Still, after a few things have moved, then I'll re-shoot the picture and get rid of the listing. Mostly I have to do that with Kijiji though, cause at least 75% of people on Kijiji have the mental skills of dirty bath water. Here, TFW and AFN.ca aren't too bad.
This is fine and makes sense... there's just lots of threads with just text... and a whole lot of SOLD tags put on stuff that just make it a pain to go through the whole list to find out whats still for sale.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #46
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I've bought one thing through ShelfLife. It was actually pretty straightforward. Price was good too, even with the shipping.

I'd use it more except I'm not in a "buying" phase at the moment, and my collection isn't changing very much from day to day.

I've had two items up on there to sell for a REALLY long time, and they aren't moving. Not badly priced, but when combined with shipping they become badly priced. But that's the nature of the beast with buying/selling online.

What I will be doing at some point is probably popping up a few of my larger items through there to sell, one or two at a time. But other priorities are coming first before I get to that.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #47
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Just listed something for sale on the site to see how it works out, but just out of the gate it's a pain in the ass to use. The entire notion of the cart and checkout system seemed idiotic to me; Shelflife isn't the seller, I am. The marketplace should be set up more like Kijiji and less like an actual online store. The option makes it impossible to give people accurate shipping estimates. I straight up told people not to even bother with it in the description and to just e-mail me. It's a nice touch, sure, but comes across far too complicated and wonky. I might list more if I get a positive experience, but I'm kind of doubting it.

Would also be nice if the site stopped automatically trying to get me to sell stuff I don't want to sell. Profile settings or no profile settings, I still get those stupid e-mails once a week.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
CBII
Animated

ya I agree, I really dislike the shipping part of there set up.

If it's truely designed to connext buyers and sellers then shorten up the form and let people contact each other to hammer out details like shipping or heck even local pick ups.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #49
Sam
Banned

I hate the fact you have to use paypal, email money transfer is safer and there's no fees you have to pay!!!
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #50
Window
Robot Master

How is e-mail money transfer safer? With e-mail money transfer you assume all risks and responsibilities (including being scammed etc).

With paypal that responsibility (as long as you go through the invoicing system) is hoisted onto paypal and you can claim any monies back from them and they go after the fraudulent seller.
Window is offline   Reply With Quote