Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Gaetznes
Cassetticon
Road Trip to TFcon, from New Brunswick.

I'm just curious, and would like to poll the interest of the people. Would anybody be interested in making TF con a Road Trip. Drive up on a Thursday, Either Drive back on a Sunday or Monday.

Now I'm based in SJ, so Automatically, I would be driving through Fred. Then up to ED, through into Quebec. Not going the USA route.

So here is my thoughts:

If I were to volunteer my van (7 ppl max) as a method to get to tfcon 2012, would anyone be seriously interested in going.

You would be expected to 1. Drive an equal share each way. As it would be a 17 plus hour drive from SJ. That is, if you have a license.

2. Equal share of gas money, whether you drive or not. A, 3 way split would bring it to $180 approx, if gas doesn't go over 1.3 in the summer.

Additionally, depending on comfort levels, and if it is an all male group, we would have the option of splitting the cost of the Hotel room.

An example would be a 3way split, thats about $304 per person getting there and back. Not including food and drink up and there, TFcon tickets, purchases, and booze there etc. $180 Gas, $124 Hotel w/Tax.

So basic math would tell us, that 4 people would be $228, 5 people $182 approx. I'm not sure, but I assume the hotel wont allow more then 5 people to a room.

As this is just bouncing Idea's back and forth. Previous conversation I've had locally. It has been the consensus, that a Road Trip Like this, would have to be started around 4am SJ, arriving 5:30 in Fred. In order to get to the Hotel by 9pm (8pm local time). In order not to mess with a persons sleep schedule, more then sitting in a van for 17 hours would do.

Additonally, depending on how many people joinned in NB, there could possible be room to pick up people in Quebec.

The only issue I can see are as followed. In regards to cost, if the group is one not comfortable with sharing a room together, or is going as couples, the cost would go up there. Not so much an issue but a fact.

However, capacity is and would be an issue. Since the van's legal capacity is 7 people. Which would be great for splitting gas and driving. It leaves little to no room for Luggage. I for one, plan on bring 3 Totes for the Parts Party. So With that alone, Plus other peoples Personal Luggage and Trade Fodder. I can only see a max of 5-6 people fitting.

Plus, if person X buys a say CIB Fort Max or well anything large. You don't want it rubbing up against the luggage.

Just my thoughts so far.

Last edited by Gaetznes; 01-01-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Gaetznes is offline   Reply With Quote