Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #1241
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!
Re: Post your hauls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Looks VERY cool, just saw a bunch of pics on Google. That's something I'd want for my collection! Where did you get it? YJ?
Yep.
As far as I call tell, it doesn't come up *too* often, so you'll have to be patient if you want to grab it at a good price. I've been scouring YJ for about 3-ish years to finally nab one at a price I'm comfortable with.
If money is nothing to you, there's one MISB currently listed at 75000yen.

I haven't gone through everything with the toy yet, but keep note that everything save for the ratcheting joints seems to be made of a softer, PVC-like plastic. Kinda disappointing in that aspect, honestly.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #1242
Pascal
Banned

Do you have to use several extra parts to achieve the combination or you actually have to put some aside? Or both?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #1243
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Do you have to use several extra parts to achieve the combination or you actually have to put some aside? Or both?
Both.
The R-2 (fat blue mech) and the R-3 (skinny red mech) have the majority of their core bodies swapped to a "combination piece".

Here's a quick listing of what's kept, what's discarded, and what needs to be added:

R-1:
kept: body, flight-legs, shoulder-pads, wings
discarded: arms, knee-guards, standing-legs, guns+holsters, head, ass-guard
new parts: fixed-pose-arms, head

R-2:
kept: arms, shoulder-pads, back-armor, head, leg armors, shields
discarded: entire body+legs, barrel-part for the "Powered" shoulder cannons, forearms
new parts: new SRX torso part (basically the R-2's body turned inside-out), closed forearms

R-3:
kept: wings, "Powered" dock add-on
discarded: everything other than the wings and the "Powered" dock
new parts: new SRX crotch/waist-part

New parts entirely for SRX:
Helmet, hands, sword

I'll take more pictures tonight about the combination and parts.

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #1244
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Gotta love Amazon's fast shipping policies.

Shipped on Monday, arrived Today:

1980's TMNT Volume One (AKA Season One) & Season Six

Two down three more to go, Season Eight and Ten are easy to find, it's that damn Volume Two AKA Season Two that has eluded me so far. Amazon ain't selling any, only third parties through Amazon who want over 50-60$ for one 12 episode more than likely single disc item.

Checked a local HMV yesterday while I was out and didn't find it there either, but they did have a Volume One copy still so I'm hopeful that another HMV might just have Volume Two somewhere.

And yes, I know that I could just buy the Complete Series in the Turtle Van/Party Wagon case, but seriously I had Season Three, Four, Five and Seven before that even came out and then picked up Nine from Sears using a Gift Card, why spend another 100$+ for a bunch of discs I already own? This isn't Transformers we're talking about here.

Anyway, that's the haul, today will be filled with some fun TURTLE POWER!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #1245
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Gotta love Amazon's fast shipping policies.

Shipped on Monday, arrived Today:

1980's TMNT Volume One (AKA Season One) & Season Six
That's nothing. There was once I ordered something (don't remember what) from Amazon: time between me clicking "Order now" and the time that I had the item in my hands: ~30 hours.

But congrats on the Turtles stuff. Was a big fan myself back in the day, so the van boxset is tempting...

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #1246
Pascal
Banned

I often get my stuff from Amazon the next day, even with the free slow shipping option.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #1247
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
That's nothing. There was once I ordered something (don't remember what) from Amazon: time between me clicking "Order now" and the time that I had the item in my hands: ~30 hours.

But congrats on the Turtles stuff. Was a big fan myself back in the day, so the van boxset is tempting...
I'd only get the van set (after spending all this money on individual sets) to keep it sealed as a conversation piece, perhaps. Not sure on that one though.

I loved the 80's Turtles show too, although having just recently gotten and watched through Season 9 again I just have to say... There is a huge difference between it and the earlier material. Even up to Season 7 the same basic intro and comedic action took place, there was a shift though to make the cartoon more in tune with the Live Action film series tone apparently. As There was a lot different between Season 7 and Season 9, I have to wonder what happened to the memories of those episodes?

They must have aired the earlier stuff in Syndication a lot more because I don't remember ANY of Season 9 or 10 and I haven't even gotten 10 yet to watch. (Technically speaking there are bonus Season 10 episodes on my Volume One disc, which I'm still wondering why they did that back in the day, but I was thinking of avoiding watching those episodes until I got the actual Season 10 box set, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm just watching the same thing I did a week ago on another disc.)

Anyway, it was just jarring to expect one tone and then wind up watching another, the episodes were more linear too with an overarcing plot point. Though I have to wonder in which order they're supposed to take place in chronologically because there are certain moments that seemed a bit confusing.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #1248
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'd only get the van set (after spending all this money on individual sets) to keep it sealed as a conversation piece, perhaps. Not sure on that one though.

I loved the 80's Turtles show too, although having just recently gotten and watched through Season 9 again I just have to say... There is a huge difference between it and the earlier material. Even up to Season 7 the same basic intro and comedic action took place, there was a shift though to make the cartoon more in tune with the Live Action film series tone apparently. As There was a lot different between Season 7 and Season 9, I have to wonder what happened to the memories of those episodes?

They must have aired the earlier stuff in Syndication a lot more because I don't remember ANY of Season 9 or 10 and I haven't even gotten 10 yet to watch. (Technically speaking there are bonus Season 10 episodes on my Volume One disc, which I'm still wondering why they did that back in the day, but I was thinking of avoiding watching those episodes until I got the actual Season 10 box set, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm just watching the same thing I did a week ago on another disc.)

Anyway, it was just jarring to expect one tone and then wind up watching another, the episodes were more linear too with an overarcing plot point. Though I have to wonder in which order they're supposed to take place in chronologically because there are certain moments that seemed a bit confusing.
The more I read up on the Turtles, the more I realize I don't think I watched anything past the first 4-ish seasons.
I vaguely do remember my cousin telling me about the changed darker later seasons, though...

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 01-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #1249
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

the TARDIS
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #1250
juxtapose519
Robot Master

I made the mistake of finding a sealed Technozoids Sabre at Talize for $5 the other day, and naturally I got hooked. Now I'm going to have to buy all the other ones I had from my childhood. The chrome is just SO SHINY!

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote