Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus
Re: I hate this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
This site is one of the worst enablers out there. I find the more vibrant the community threads on a toy site, the worse it is.

Right now I have a huge problem with SDCC items coming out. The amount of money I'll probably spend on these is... embarassing.
I totally agree..

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Collecting. It drives me nuts. I love it, but I hate it at the same time. Every time I get to a point where I feel, "Okay. I got everything I want. I don't need anything else. Nothing else out there interests me. So now is the time to cut back, ween myself off of collecting toys..." I see something else I want.

There was a good three or four months when nothing that great was coming out, and I thought I was safe. But I was wrong. Case in point: SDCC Blaster. I've been searching every Winners high and low for the past week. It is tiresome, but I can't stop searching. I keep thinking, "Maybe today..." Maybe today has been every day, sometimes twice a day.

Anyone else ever try to "quit" the hobby? Is there a Collector's Anonymous support group?
it is overwhelming. sometimes i think its time to quit this hobby again.

then they come with HA soundwave... damnit!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #23
nukedproducts
Captain Vaudeville

before the dotm toys came out I forced my self to not buy them but of course i'm hasbros bitch and bought them anyways.

Last edited by nukedproducts; 01-06-2012 at 01:00 AM.
nukedproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
astrana
Nexus Maximus

i can help u guys, just send everything to me
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
sachiel_ca
Beasty

Every once and awhile I'll look around the TF room and ask myself "Why? " Then I find something else and its "Oh thats Why ". My wife god bless her soul tells me I'm not an idiot because at least I enjoy this and not doing crack. Still not sure which one is cheaper and less addicting though.
sachiel_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #26
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

They say hindsight is 20/20, but I truly believe had I found SDCC Blaster two weeks ago it would have been 1996 for me all over again.

That was the year I ceased my 2 year quest to collect every and all STAR WARS Power Of The Force 2 action figure ever made...actually I collected two of each as one would stay MOSC.

I remember that day well...I was at Wal-Mart and came across the elusive 12 inch Collector Series Bespin Luke Skywalker.

Here's a picture of the bastard here:

After getting him home it took me a couple minutes to come to the sickening realization that I had just bought a doll...an effing doll! I subsequently got back in my car and returned him. One year later I foolhardedly donated most of my toys to church (along with most of my G1 toys which I regret to this day).

Had I scored Blaster recently would I have stopped collecting for a while? Likely, yes. But the silver lining to my obsession is that whatever I get sick of I can now give to my kids to play with.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #27
CBII
Animated

I like this hobby....My wife though hates it.

I do agree this site is the biggest enablers. If I'm at work and bored then I start looking for stuff I might like...which usually means I find a deal and then I buy it.

I still blame 95% of my collection on chovner.
CBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #28
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
After getting him home it took me a couple minutes to come to the sickening realization that I had just bought a doll...an effing doll! I subsequently got back in my car and returned him. One year later I foolhardedly donated most of my toys to church (along with most of my G1 toys which I regret to this day).
LOL!! When I got Hot Toys Joker, I felt the exact same way. That doll got me out of collectiong for a solid few months. I couldn't sell it off fast enough. This is the motivation I use to avoid Hot Toys Captain America...I know if I buy it, it will give me the "WTF...I have made a huge mistake" feeling.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #29
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I think a lot of us are like this, even if we're not technically hoarders (yet)...
Ever since I saw a episode of that show, I've been thinking to myself "is that me? if push comes to shove, can I just hand over the my MP Prime or City Commander?"

I'm in it deep too, but not as much as you +400 guys. I try to keep a bit of my sanity by avoiding G1 toys, being super picky and passing all repaints. It use to work out, but I've been cracking and getting less picky. And now a stack of unopened boxes are cluttered everywhere waiting to be opened.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #30
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I think collections are cool, but I really don't know how y'all handle it. I think it would be exhausting. I get joy out of having a few things I really like rather than trying to have every item of a set. But I can see how the dream of having your wall/shelf just cover everything be really appealing.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hobby collecting quit