Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.
Re: YEARGHHHHH! I hate work politics!

Well, our xmas party was cancelled this year do to HEAD OFFICE SHUTTING US DOWN!! yup. lost my job at xmas. so did 120 other people. catch is, it's all part timers so no severance, no benifits, no nothing, and since it's a call centre, hardly any hours for decent EI.

Merry f#@king xmas eh?
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljaxx View Post
Well, our xmas party was cancelled this year do to HEAD OFFICE SHUTTING US DOWN!! yup. lost my job at xmas. so did 120 other people. catch is, it's all part timers so no severance, no benifits, no nothing, and since it's a call centre, hardly any hours for decent EI.

Merry f#@king xmas eh?
I saw a small article about that in the Toronto Sun the other day. Sorry to hear about that man.

I'm glad every place I've ever worked has optional Christmas parties that nobody would think twice about you not showing up. Only ever been to 3. One was when I worked for Tim Hortons (super lame) and 2 when I worked for Longo's. I brought my own mini-bar bottles of booze for that.

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Screw them, go do what you want.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #14
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
$50? That's just mean. The big regional party cost $30 per person, and I skipped out on it since I was on vacation. But I gotta go to this one. At least there's no entrance fee. Just a silly $10 secret santa gift. WTF can you buy for $10 these days anyway? You can't even get a delux TF. I bought a $10 starbucks card, which should buy like what, one coffee?
I just came back from it. I was so pissed since my wife thought it was at another hotel. we came in two hours late. 50 beans a pop, I better get my food and wine. I told my wife we could probably go have a better time somewhere else with that kind of dough but instead she insisted on going. no one at the door. she notified her boss about it and called her crazy then just told her to enjoy.

the company I work for actually holds multiple parties a year and its always free and open bar. I missed the one for kids, the company gave away gifts for the kids. santa was there.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #15
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:

Merry f#@king xmas eh?

damn. sorry to hear about that dude.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #16
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Sorry Wheeljaxx... no time is a good time for it to happen, but during the holidays...

Just got back from the Branch party. Nothing kicks off a night of bad signing like a sesson of Ice Ice Baby buy yours truly...
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #17
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I would have sung "I'm too Sexy" by Rightsaid Fred

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #18
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I don't want to go on a rant so all I have to say is office politics suck like a shop vac. Sorry to hear about the bad luck Wheeljaxx.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Wow... Talk about failure to grasp the meaning of the holiday... Seriously, Christmas Parties for office employees or any employees is all just one big tax write-off scam from corporate.

They only do it to put down another expenses paid for what-have-you on their buisness tax return.

That being said, some people still realize that things are meant to be fun and for the benefit of unwinding some holiday stresses. Others are just trying to push it out the door as fast as possible and get it over with.

Any office christmas party you have to pay for is, in my oppinon, not a Christmas Party. It's more like a social and not the good kind of social either. I would never pay to go to some stupid little Christmas Party, least of all 50$ of my hard earned money, especially with my budget.

When I hear about these sorts of things it makes me wish for a time when Christmas Parties really meant Christmas Parties, either that or that all of these dingbats in charge of these companies would be more like Scrooge and not bother with such frivolities. Especially when they are forcing you to attend.

If anybody told me that I really should be there and emphasizing it, I'd throw it back in their face and ask them if they are pressuring me to attend or something. Christmas is a holiday season about giving to less fortunate people and if I had the choice between going to some frivolous party that isn't exactly on the up and up or going down to a local shelter/orphanage/what-have-you and volunteering to cheer up some people for the holidays, I'd take the second option all the time.

Not to say that you're selfish for prefering to see the fights Pud333, just saying that these Christmas Parties are never what they are supposed to be. If I ran my own company I think I would have the employees go down to an orphanage or children's hospital for the 'Christmas Party' and if they just didn't want to go I wouldn't force them or imply that it's good for their careers if they want to stay employed. I'd just say Merry Christmas and give them a nice Christmas Bonus. (Or Happy Hannuka, or whatever is appropriate for their religion.)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Christmas is a holiday season about giving to less fortunate people and if I had the choice between going to some frivolous party that isn't exactly on the up and up or going down to a local shelter/orphanage/what-have-you and volunteering to cheer up some people for the holidays, I'd take the second option all the time.
That's actually a pretty good idea, I think I will suggest this for our next team event, volunteering at a shelter.

Quote:

Merry f#@king xmas eh?
Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
WTF can you buy for $10 these days anyway?
Here you go... prices include shipping too

http://www.dealextreme.com/products....ellers~price.5
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work politics rant