Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #11
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber
Re: Zellers Buy One Get One 1/2 Off Sale on Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
$24.99 Prime deluxe + $12.45 BOGO1/2 Deluxe = $37.49 for the pair, or $18.75 each. Only Zellers can have a BOGO 1/2 sale and still be more expensive than the competition's regular price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
How about taking a ToysRUs flier in every day that their sale is on and hitting them again and again with "Dare to Compare". Maybe then Z-management will get the message.

Got it covered. Went in 2 nights ago flashed the TRUWebsite flyer at the casheir and got a DOTM Ark and a couple really over-priced deluxes for $43, instead of the $100 it would have cost at regular Zellers prices.

Also noticed they have changed their return policy. No more "No questions asked". Now all returns must have a purchase or gift receipt.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
juxtapose519
Robot Master

What are they going to do in 3 months when they've still got a full inventory because their sales suck? You'd think they'd have to get more and more desperate to sell stuff as time goes on.

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Didn't we predict this would happen? That Zellers would raise their prices then have a "sale"?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Maybe if we could get rid of the Buy-One-Get-One part and just have the 50% off part, then it might be worth it. Till then, f*ck you Zellers. I'll wait for TRU and Wal-Mart to get stock.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
Goodapollo4
GLORIOUS!!!

Yeah I got a price match on PRID Megatron the other day to match with TRU's sale, but they still wouldnt match the PRID deluxes. From what I gathered from the sales associate the problem is that TRU's deluxes are on sale from 16.99 while the price point for Zellers is still 24.99. Therefore, Zellers sucks and I got Soundwave at TRU, plus a Megs from Zellers for about a buck over the price of just getting soundwave from Zellers, Insane.
Goodapollo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
joshimus
Metroplex

I still think it's funny the Liquidation sale deluxes are only 20% off the 24.99...which again is still more expensive than the BOGOHO half off one.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodapollo4 View Post
Yeah I got a price match on PRID Megatron the other day to match with TRU's sale, but they still wouldnt match the PRID deluxes. From what I gathered from the sales associate the problem is that TRU's deluxes are on sale from 16.99 while the price point for Zellers is still 24.99. Therefore, Zellers sucks and I got Soundwave at TRU, plus a Megs from Zellers for about a buck over the price of just getting soundwave from Zellers, Insane.
I'm sorry, they said what? Their regular price on all deluxes has always been 24.99$ and the 16.99$ price is the 'Sale' price. I'm sorry, just give me a moment here...

Forgive me while I avoid shopping at Zellers for all future purchases. With attitudes like that no wonder their employees are getting kicked to the curb. I don't recall 25$ EVER being the norm at Zellers at any point in the past six years.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #18
Mega_Zarak
Generation 2

I just picked my RID Prime Megatron and Optimus Prime at my local TRU. This makes this Zellers sale pointless.
Mega_Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
sikkbones
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'm sorry, they said what? Their regular price on all deluxes has always been 24.99$ and the 16.99$ price is the 'Sale' price. I'm sorry, just give me a moment here...

Forgive me while I avoid shopping at Zellers for all future purchases. With attitudes like that no wonder their employees are getting kicked to the curb. I don't recall 25$ EVER being the norm at Zellers at any point in the past six years.
obviously you don't live in ontario... they have always been around the 20$ mark regularly for deluxes.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkbones View Post
obviously you don't live in ontario... they have always been around the 20$ mark regularly for deluxes.
Yeah, Generations, but the DotM stuff has been consistantly 16 or 17$ and .99 cents. To claim otherwise from an employee of Zellers is just... Hilarious.

Unless the Zellers in other provinces have been hiking the price more regularly than the ones in Manitoba, but if that had been the case we would have also seen price increases of that magnitude.

Trust me, going from 19.99 to 24.99 for Transformers Deluxes when TRU and Wal-Mart consistently sell them for 16.99 without raising them up or marking them up prior to having a sale... Well that is just the last nail in the coffin. Goodbye Zellers, Hello Target, please don't turn out to be the exact same way as the store chain you are replacing with your oh-so American brilliance.