Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-14-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers Studio Series 86 ? First Look at Packaging, Grimlock, Jazz, and More

One of the most anticipated product releases of 2021 is the upcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 – a line that has yet to be officially announced but has had most of the entire line up revealed through production samples out of Asia.* This line of movie-related figures takes the same love and attention given to the live-action Transformers movies but puts them towards the animated 1986 The Transformers movie. Thanks to seton from the 2005 Boards for sharing an image we have our first look at some of the upcoming figures as well as their packaging.* Enjoy your first (or » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers Studio Series 86 – First Look at Packaging, Grimlock, Jazz, and More appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 10-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 ? First Look at Packaging, Grimlock, Jazz, and More

Sweet Jesus I love them all. Can't wait to see the reveals on Friday for better high res images.

Jazz looks great, but I need to see all aspects of him to see what they did.

Blurr and the other previous reveals look great as well.

GRIMLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that he looks huge compared to the Deluxes, and even to the Voyagers to a degree. Hurry up already Friday.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: Transformers Studio Series 86 ? First Look at Packaging, Grimlock, Jazz, and More

And here I was, stupidly thinking that Power of the Primes Grimlock as going to be the closest G1 Grimlock we were going to get, and here comes Hasbro with this plus a bonus pack-in wheelie figure.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:37 AM   #4
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

I'm actually not too impressed by that Grimlock. The proportions are too chunky and I don't like the use of yellow on the chest instead of gold. I've also already got a Legends-scale Wheelie so I don't need another. I think I'll be sticking with my G1-styled redeco of Fall of Cybertron Grimlock for a while longer.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
I'm actually not too impressed by that Grimlock. The proportions are too chunky and I don't like the use of yellow on the chest instead of gold. I've also already got a Legends-scale Wheelie so I don't need another. I think I'll be sticking with my G1-styled redeco of Fall of Cybertron Grimlock for a while longer.
The yellow is movie accurate.

The SS86 line, just like the regular SS line, is supposed to reflect the movies they come from. That's why GRIMLOCK comes with his gun, but no sword, since he never had it in the movie.

Personal preference is understandable, but I think people also need to remember what the SS line represents. Good, or bad, it is trying to recreate the characters from a specific movie.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The yellow is movie accurate.

The SS86 line, just like the regular SS line, is supposed to reflect the movies they come from. That's why GRIMLOCK comes with his gun, but no sword, since he never had it in the movie.

Personal preference is understandable, but I think people also need to remember what the SS line represents. Good, or bad, it is trying to recreate the characters from a specific movie.
You know, I actually really like the yellow. It's been attempted here and there (energon grimmy?), But usually he stays more toy-ish deco? It really pops here. Lord knows I usually DO prefer toyetic deco vs toon (cw menasor >>>> UW menasor) but I really like this series so far.

It's fair if a person prefers a toy deco. You're right that it isn't strictly a fair criticism in terms of the point of this line's deco and styling philosophy.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:50 AM   #7
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

F'me, I need all these!

I hope they make a Sludge with googley eyes add on.

Give me all the Dinobots and Devastator!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
F'me, I need all these!

I hope they make a Sludge with googley eyes add on.

Give me all the Dinobots and Devastator!
Iirc slag was listed in studio series but don't quote me on it. And I'm too lazy to look up whatever ancient newspost had that info 🤣🤣🤣

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #9
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Iirc slag was listed in studio series but don't quote me on it. And I'm too lazy to look up whatever ancient newspost had that info 🤣🤣🤣
Yes I do recall that, which makes me very hopeful of Swoop and Sludge getting the same treatment.

Snarl on the other hand, I think was only in one frame, but I do hope they make him too!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #10
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

I think out of all the rumor transformers (i keep a list!) the ones that we havent seen anything for still is Huffer, Tracks, Pipes, Slammer, Inferno, earthmode Ultra Magnus, Galvatron and Slug.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote