Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: Helping the Americans?

I'm with chans. If someone has helped me out before, I will go out of my way to help them the best I can. But my local peeps come first.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #22
chuchupika
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruticusMax View Post
If I can give this discussion my own 2 cents, I'd like to say that because of this whole "help the poor Americans" thing. Most of us Canadians are also unable to find the Bulkhead figure. And trust me there ARE "Americans" already in possession of the Voyager figures and ALREADY scalping them, thus making it harder for us.

Just the other day I was watching a you tube vlog and the guy for the FIRST TIME EVER is begging the viewers to help him out. Had they tried to help some of us out before. Our reaction would be totally different. And to be honest even if we do help them it isn't like we ourselves are able to find the voyager figures everyday on shelves.
I think some Canadian scalpers are working hard lately. There were BH before, then I think some of the collectors got to them. Not much people want Voy Primes, but some people are emptying the shelves at stores. I saw one had all the Voy Prime emptied at one store, then I saw another store has some, the very next day, the shelves were raided by somebody. If I were scalping, I would have emptied all the BH and would had at least 6 of them by now. But it's not cool, so I didn't do it.

I think scalpers are monitoring our threads here, and the moment we mention something, they go and raid the stores.

I hope the FE line still have some shipments coming. It would suck if some of us Canadian fans wanted a figure, but can't get one, because somebody is either helping the poor Americans or somebody is scalping them.
chuchupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #23
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruticusMax View Post
If I can give this discussion my own 2 cents, I'd like to say that because of this whole "help the poor Americans" thing. Most of us Canadians are also unable to find the Bulkhead figure. And trust me there ARE "Americans" already in possession of the Voyager figures and ALREADY scalping them, thus making it harder for us.

Just the other day I was watching a you tube vlog and the guy for the FIRST TIME EVER is begging the viewers to help him out. Had they tried to help some of us out before. Our reaction would be totally different. And to be honest even if we do help them it isn't like we ourselves are able to find the voyager figures everyday on shelves.
I'd be willing to bet that there are far more scalpers buying up stock then "helpers" buying stuff for other TF fans.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

anybody wanna.....help out
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #25
vohkuhl
Cybertron

It's quite troublesome for "helpers" to spend more than they should and manage to find the time to meet up to help locals.

Those who can help great and those to can't well that's just how it is...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

America can go fight its own wars, LOL
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

My thing is to help people I know that have helped me before or have been recommended by contacts.

Of course in a few months the ShelfLife trading system will be in place and we'll all be able to do this stuff way easier and with more certainty.

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #28
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Perhaps we can ship them all the shelves clogging Bees?
Hahahaha yeah! "I'll send you a FE toy but only if you buy a DOTM deluxe of my choosing as well!"

That'll clear up those peg warmers in record time! Get us ready for PRIDE toys
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
juxtapose519
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
Get us ready for PRIDE toys

Trade | Cybertron Feedback | TFW Feedback | Collection
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #30
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I see on eBay that some of our board members are doing quite well flipping Bulkhead around $90+ and Prime at $60+
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote