Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #51
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master
Re: Yes I want to bring this up again.

All these retail stories are very interesting and in some cases, very scary. Matrix_holder, Im glad you manange to get your money at least, but, you had the evidence and souldnt have been refused a refund for your lawnmower the first time.

Anyway, I have a story, two actually. One was the whole 'your the junior guy' , other a costumer problem. I used to work at Fresh CO.

Anyway, costumer problem. A guy asked me if a certain yogurt was on sale. I looked at it and said yes (everything I went in I checked the flyer). So, about tens minutes later, one of the supervisors comes and starts yelling at us, saying we screwed up with the yogurt. Anyway, instantly points and says it was me, so I get reemed at.

Long story short. The costumers played the "Costumer is always right" card and got nonsale yogurt on sale, and I Get reemed for telling the truth.

My other instant. My lunch break. I just start to go on my lunch break, and "Clean up in front resigster 2". Supervisor looks at me as Im unwrapping my lunch, "your junior guy, go do it". Not five minutes after a get down there and starting cleaning, my supervisor comes down with a coworker after their lunch break...Right then and there, I realized that in retail you have to fend for yourself. Its not like the military where people help you out and watch your back when working.

I bit off topic with was some of you guys are talking about, but that was my personal experience working with retail...I dont want to work again in retail. And yes, Im in the military.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #52
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I watched about half of the Marketplace special and had to turn it off.

I am really no fan of bad customer service, but I hate the Holy-er than thou attitude that some "shoppers" have about customer service is brutal.

It is laughable to think that a Minimum wage WalMart staffer has ANY knowledge about anything that they sell, let alone COFFEE MAKERS. Do yourself a favor, take so accountability as a customer and do your own reaserch OR expect to pay higher prices for your housewares.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #53
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Never like to hear about people loosing their jobs.

But Zellers sucks balls. It has for a long time. Target will bring more competition from WalMart and effectivly lower the prices we pay, plus their service may actually get better.
As for another US company coming in, whatever. WalMart buys more from canadian manufacturers than any other retail business in Canada. Target will do the same. There is really no down side except a company holding on to "being canadian owned" will fade away.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Sucks that mom lost her job. Sorry to hear that.

But to paraphrase Burnie Burns of the Drunk Tank Podcast: "...[Zellers] sucks dick! They suck dick so badly that they suck dick at sucking dick! Choking on dick and that's how they died because they couldn't get enough oxygen into their body because the passageway for oxygen was filled with dick!" Seriously, every Zellers I've ever been in has been such a mess and I can never find what I'm looking for. Not just the toys section, but anywhere in the store. Whether it be electronics or bedding or what have you. They're always either sold out or didn't get it in and they have absolutely no organization whatsoever. I'm glad they're gone.

But again, sorry to hear your mom lost her job.