Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #21
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic
Re: Yes I want to bring this up again.

Let me preface by saying I'm sorry for your mom.

That said, my experience with my local Zellers is that it's constantly messy, disorganized, and a poor shopping experience. Transformers constantly have other merchandise shoved right in the middle and product is all over the place. Last time I was there, several employees were shooting the shit in the aisles while multiple departments languished, looking like a cyclone hit. Checking out can be a nightmare with slow-moving lines staffed by only one or two people.

This is not every Zellers. There are others where it's far more organized and clean. I've gotten decent help from employees and customer service. But I'm not the only one here who has a store that looks like it's barely maintained.

Target isn't shopping nirvana, but their stores are always clean, well-organized, and constantly maintained. They may have empty pegs or nothing new, but you don't have to wade through a mess of years-old merchandise to determine that. I have rarely had to wait very long to check out, even when the store is busy.

Were I Target, I would want to start from scratch with regards to employees. I'm sure they've toured some of the less stellar Zellers and recoiled in horror. Target is sinking too much money into the stores to become Zellers Redux.

Were I a Zellers employee, though, it would seem unfair and exploitative. Not every employee is a bad apple, and you'd think they'd want to hold on to the good ones with years of good service. And not as new hires.

I think it's the numerous bad apples and the run down appearance of so many Zellers (which is an effect of mismanagement) that have led to Target's decision to fire/rehire.

Incidentally, I don't notice much difference at all between Canadian and American Wal-Marts, and I'm an American. Just as here, there are good ones (that have decent stock and are more or less well-maintained) and others where the selection is poor and sadness reigns. Of the two I went to in Florida over the holidays, one was far inferior to Cambridge Wal-Mart in pretty much every measurable way.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #22
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Very sorry to read the news about your mother's situation. I hope she finds a suitable replacement for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
From what I understand it has something to do with the Government and certain Benefits and such the closing store recieves and their employees? may recieve... I'm not 100% sure on that. But it has all to do with something like that.
It has to do with cock firmly in the ass.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #23
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

The hiring practice sucks, but thats the way it is now.

CBC posted a list of the first Targets opening in Canada. All in Ontario, but the timeline states they should be open within the next 3-4 months.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...io-stores.html
Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Question Re: Yes I want to bring this up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Galvatron View Post
Very sorry to read the news about your mother's situation. I hope she finds a suitable replacement for this.

It has to do with cock firmly in the ass.

That's all retail. That is why o left retail and working a hot sweaty Factory. ....that and I don't want to get held up at gunpoint anymore....once was enough.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #25
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Robot Master

Alot of you brings up good points. I know all the buyout and stuff like that like I said in the beginning.

Now, in terms of Zellers being disgusting and other things. Yes, thats true and untrue. Some Zellers are terrible and some are very clean and such. Specificly the one in Waterdown, the new onem, is really nice looking. And is the one that my mom works at after the plains road one in burlington closed down.

Carth Cylon said about FutureShop and Best Buy. I overheard my mom saying that that certains Zellers are staying Zellers, but not sure if that true anymore.

Im glad I cant be bought out, military employee.

Last edited by Cpl. Chrissandwich; 01-05-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #26
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Customer service comes in all forms and it does not always mean that all the employees are going to be cheerfull and ready to assit at a moments notice. In fact, I HATE shopping at places like that becuase it makes me unconfortable. I'm not at Disneyland, I'm not interested in your specials and I do not want to be friends with you.
Not really what we are talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
I want a Clean store that has the product that I am looking for at a price that is competitive. Zellers in NONE of those things.
Its hit and miss for sure, though in the past year I've gotten some great deals on both Kre-O and Generations Deluxes there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
As an example, I went to local Zellers (same one as Jourdo) with my son one day to check out the toys. He noticed a WFC Bummblebee figure that was removed from its packaging and left there in the open. He brought it over to the lady (Not a teenager, a lady) to let her know that it was open and left. Fast forward to a week later and the open figure was back on the shelf...
Yes, they seem to have a few bad habits like this, but I've run into the exact same deal at Walmart.

None the less Target is going to be shopping perfection for sure. Can't wait.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
Gaetznes
Cassetticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
My understanding is every Zellers employee with be let go and have to apply for the exact same job only with a different name.
I was given my notice of Termination about 4 months ago. To clarify, which by the sounds of it, your mother would also be aware of the following:

Zellers Parent Company HBC sold aprox. 230 lease of persay 270 Zellers in Whole, to Target. Of those Leases, aprox 36-38 were sold to Walmart.

The store i'm working at, the lease is owned by walmart. Which has no desire to but a store in the lot. I don't remember the exact numbers of by heart.

So I don't even have a job to reapply to. So with HBC Desolving the company. The lease being owned by other companies, the is no transfer of employment. So sadly thats why everyone is starting from scratch. Its sad, but at this point on till the company is full dismantled in 2014, all zellers are going to get worse. More messy, supply lines even more eratic.

And why shouldn't they. Moral is down the tolet. HQ mangement and store level mangement are jumping ship left, right and centre. It will come to a point were they may need to hire another company inorder to run the remainning stores. As happened with the HQ board with Block Buster. This last part is just an educate guess. But which would you prefer, jump off a sinking ship, or waiting till the waters up to your neck, before looking for new work.

Just remember Corporations don't care about individuals, only profit margins.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

Zellers or Target, it's still going to be BALLLLLLLSSSS in Quebec.

Also while it sucks what happened to your mother, it's major retail, they are all evil (If your Walmart or Sears, it does not matter)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #29
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Orange, WHO THE HELL BUYS ORANGE T-SHIRTS? Well aside from me, since they were like discounted dirt cheap at the time and I needed new shirts.
Dutch football fans?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #30
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I didn't feel like quoting a bunch of shit, but I actually buy the majority of my clothes at Zellers, and have for years. I can normally find the plaid stuff I usually wear for 10 bucks, they carry a lot of different brands, and unlike many other places, they actually carry sizes that aren't XXXL. I've also bought multiple pairs of pants there before that've been cheaper than Wal-Mart or Marks, so I'm actually kinda glad that the store in my area isn't being converted.

Also about the discounted stuff being raised, I can't really defend that, but normally it's just their merchandising style to have a section for older things on tables.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"

Last edited by Nomad; 01-06-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote