Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: How long does it typically take for stuff to reach us from the states?

Yeah, tracking info provided by seller says it's held up processing in customs. They received in on the 4th of July so... Maybe by the end of the week customs will let it move on.

I am extremely nervous now though thanks to what you said Brr-Icy, damn it all. I sure hope they didn't get crushed in the machine or anything, Kreons aren't known for being durable.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
CyberMnky
Animated

between 2 weeks to 3 months in my history.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Were they put into any sort of plastic bag inside the envelope? I shipped Transformers weapons to someone once and just threw them into an envelope but for some strange reason had put them into a sandwich baggie first. The buyer said when he received them the envelope had gotten shredded by the machines and the baggie was the only reason they were still all in there.
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
Were they put into any sort of plastic bag inside the envelope? I shipped Transformers weapons to someone once and just threw them into an envelope but for some strange reason had put them into a sandwich baggie first. The buyer said when he received them the envelope had gotten shredded by the machines and the baggie was the only reason they were still all in there.
According to the USPS site they were shipped as an International Letter, and something about package, I forget exact wordings.

Considering that the Botcon set is sealed in a polybag and sealed again in individual baggies as long as the seller packaged them properly they should be fine. Provided the plastic wasn't crushed/pulverized by the sorting machines since they are so small.

But I won't know if I should worry until it clears customs and finally get's here, I suspect they won't clear until Friday, one week after they arrived at their offices, if I'm lucky.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

I've had a couple of small packages (1 tiny box & 1 padded envelope) from Tennessee and Alabama TFW members recently. I got the tracking numbers...and both apparently didn't come straight up to me. Instead, they both went down SOUTH to Miami, then after a "sorting" process, back up to me.

They took 2 weeks.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #16
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

2-3 weeks is typical for packages coming from the US. With the recent holidays on the 1st and 4th of July, that slows things up even more.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
justprime
Animated

the norm for me is the latter end of 2 weeks,.. normaly takes 3 if you add customs it can be longer still, keep in touch with your sender
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Well, before heading out this afternoon the site said that it was processed. Upon returning home three hours later I found them safe and sound waiting to be opened.

Man, I've heard nightmare stories about customs and stuff, but this is pretty impressive for speed. Chances are the online tracking site may have been delayed in updates due to the holidays.

Also, no they were not scrunched or damaged in the postal sorters, more than likely that's because these souvenir sets are too bulky to fit through regular sorting machines, especially wrapped in bubble wrap.

The best part is, these puppies came from Californa, so they traveled through L.A. Hope it doesn't go to their heads, being so close to celebrities and such postal wise.

Holy cow, it's so funny to see that Adult Collectible message on this thing, as if Kreons aren't allowed to be played with by children.

Anyway, potential crisis averted and my other package from Vancouver should be here tomorrow, more fun stuff to crack open from the parcel imprisonment and join the collection.