Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #21
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles
Re: Thank you Michael Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
I'm glad he did the movies decently well. I'm really glad it didn't turn out like the Super Mario or Street Fighter movies.

Absolutely!
Street fighter had 2 movies unfortunately.

The TF Bay movies were serious movies, not direct-to-dvd quality that somehow made it to theatres.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
darthrage
Beast Machine

so does anyone like the movie?? because the majority of the positive comments are really about the fact that they get more toys instead of the actual movie

I personally thought the movie was awesome enough for me to go for multiple viewings. It was a freaking ride film as soon as the highway chase starts
Old 07-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #23
TFtoys
Animated

thanks for bringing pretty leg actress and Mech tech weapon. thanks to make S.P. shield and sword.
and movie is AWESOME.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #24
pud333
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrage View Post
so does anyone like the movie?? because the majority of the positive comments are really about the fact that they get more toys instead of the actual movie

I personally thought the movie was awesome enough for me to go for multiple viewings. It was a freaking ride film as soon as the highway chase starts
I really enjoyed the first movie, to the point where I saw it five times in the theater. The second movie, I saw only once and it wasn't very good. The third one I loved as well, and plan on seeing it again soon. Maybe this time in 2D.

Overall, Michael Bay did a pretty good job, and like others have said, it brought in a shit ton of money to the franchise.

I am looking forward to someone else taking over the franchise. Should be interesting.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #25
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
The initial post wanted positive, so personally, I kept it positive. As a person who needs a stuff to make sense enough, DOTM held on, just barely. And that was with a lot of eye rolling and pretending I didn't notice something. I could kick the Michael Bay can all night long but I won't. Because In the end, it is what it is, ok fast food. It strapped some rocket boosters onto a franchise on cruise control and sent it into orbit, letting the world see and know that transformers is relevant again. That's one thing I can't complain about.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #26
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:

I actually didn't care for the movie all that much. I thought it had lots of possibility, but ultimately didn't live up to it.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote