Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

View Poll Results: Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?
Despised 14 27.45%
Enjoyed 37 72.55%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
justprime
Animated
Re: Transformers Trilogy. Despised or enjoyed?

all in all I didn't mind the movies,.. big picture here it brought beloved characters to life in a lifelike manner,... cutting edge filmation, a great example of what can be done visually to make it an enjoyable movie for all Tf fans and non tf fans alike, personally I would have liked less humans and more bots.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
wedge1021
Energon

They hurt my eyes. I spent the last half of DOTM trying not to fall asleep hoping it would either end soon or that something interesting would happen. I'm glad I didn't really pay to watch - it was the 2nd feature of 2 playing at the drive-in, first of which was Capt America, the one I actually went for.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
alternatorfan
g1 baby

what are you guys talking about if they transformed in what their cartoon counterparts or the stories they portrayed in the cartoons would of sucked more than the reinvention. awesome movies IMO and can only get better. and this is coming from a long time transformer fan that will be 35 this year alot of years for them to make a movie that makes sense! just like when they were supposed to make a spiderman movie live action but did not accept the technology when they were going to make one and waited and although they changed the story (IE dna infused spider webs instead of web shooters ) turned out cool cause it was spiderman same concept> now amazing spiderman is coming out and can not wait to see the new one!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I'm right in the middle. Bay has done very good things and very bad things for the franchise.

And while the movies really put transformers on the map, I sometimes feel embaressed for associating myself as a fan of Transformers.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

They were entertaining, that's really all that mattered.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
racerguy76
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
And while the movies really put transformers on the map, I sometimes feel embaressed for associating myself as a fan of Transformers.

QFT!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

I couldn't vote despised, because that is too strong a word. Although the movies took too long to have any character development of the title characters (took until the third movie). I think that was my biggest beef.

Summer movies are not 'big thinking' movies by any stretch, but there was far too much Sam Witwicky for my liking, and not enough talking parts for the transformers.

So if there was a choice for "meh" I would have picked that one. I'll see the next one, in hopes that DotM showed things to come, however.
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Enjoyed.

Overall I agree with the comments here...there weren't the best in terms of writing and characters or even pacing, but I certainly don't despise them.

Besides, I still get tingles for a few key scenes:

-Autobot arrival (2007)
-Sam's house where the autobots try to hide (2007)
-City battle (2007)
-Prime falling out of cargo plane (2009)
-forest battle (2009)
-Devastator forming (2009)
-highway scene (2011)

One thing's for sure--the toys rarely measured up, and in terms of overstock and supply, have inflicted misery upon the collecting community as of late. (IMHO)

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
MaxArel
RUN IT'S DREADWING
Send a message via MSN to MaxArel

I liked the movies for what they were; brainless summer fun. If you went in the theatre thinking it was going to be a masterpiece, four words: directed by Micheal Bay. I knew from the start it was gonna be dumb but awesome. It could have been worse too. And hey, it brought Transformers back on the map (although I can now never say I'm a fan without someone questioning my tastes in life in general because they don't enjoy action movies 'cause they're not artsy enough, quote). To me, the real downsides outside of the movies are the changes they brought: gimmicky shelf-warming toys, overly-violent Optimus, mute Bumblebee and so on (although that latter passes in Prime, mute bee in FoC looks silly 'cause, you know, he has a mouth!).

I liked the movies, seen better ones, seen way worse. They're silly, fun summer action flicks.

MaxArel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #20
joshimus
Metroplex

I thought all 3 movies have great moments. Granted I can watch ROTF in an hour by skipping the fat, and moments like that in all 3 movies, as a whole for me it's the moments.
I have more memorable moments than not. Most non-memorable are human related and mudflap/skids.
So for me, I enjoyed what we got and look forward to more. Hopefully a better more intelligent script comes along, but i'm happy with the trilogy's moments that leave me smiling
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, opinion, poll