Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
johndclayton
Generation 1
a question about rodimus prime in idw more then meets the eye

in idw's transformers more then meets the eye comic series hotrod/ rodimus happens to be overconfident and cocky to the extreme and gungho to the max with the insanely fearless attitude and his also being a wreckless idiot in his way

while at the same time he seems to lead more on the strength of his ego, charisma and self-assurance than anything else.

is it me or does rodimus come across as practically being a autobot kamina among his people?

basicly i am comparing him to the human character kamina from the anime series gurren lagann

over time hotrod/rodimus strikes me as being a rather potent mix of both kaminas character from gurren lagann and james tiberius kirk's character from the very first movie in the star trek prequel movie series

color scheme wise rodimus certainly has the colors for it what with his having the colors of team dai gurren for his personel paintjob.

i dont know maybe i am going out on a limb seeing something thats not really there but its eery how much he seems to to have in common with kamina character personality wise

Last edited by johndclayton; 03-29-2013 at 08:04 PM.
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Sam
Banned
Re: a question about rodimus prime in idw more then meets the eye

Please correct your post so it reads properly, the grammar and spelling mistakes make it impossible to understand what you are saying
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

I'm going to say if he dies, it won't be until the end. But I doubt it. I have a strong feeling that the storylines of MTMTE and RID will merge again, bringing peace back to Cybertron after beating Megatron once again. ( IDW Megatron coming back, IS GETTING OLD).

I am more interested in the hope that Prowl will be brought back to his normal self. That Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and Jazz will all be fine. I still need to figure out why the twins separated in the first place, since it's never said. And Drift! My poor Drift! As for Rod, I don't mind his character, it separates him from the others and MTMTE actually made me love him.

I think below all his issues, he loves his crew alot and has their best interests in his spark.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

Ah my friend, clearly your range of fictional characters only stem from the recent.

The hot blooded wreckless young leader has been an archtype in fiction and japanese fiction for decades.

Also in Japan, color is linked to character. A good example of this is Sentai, the Japanese counterpart of Power Rangers.

The colors red and yellow are always linked with the 2nd stringer rival character that are more wreckless to their main character counterpart. (Ken to Ryu, Char to Amuro, Protoman to Megaman, and yes Rodimus to Optimus, the list goes on and on)

Read into the history of japanese fiction and story telling and it's roots that go back to the late 30s and World War 2
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
johndclayton
Generation 1

let me know hwat you think of this idea.

for a moment imagine a animated series that takes place on earth once the great war between the autobot and decepticon forces has come to a end

one that takes place in the time between the end of the great war and the time of the race wide reformatting and downscaling from autobot and decepticon to maximal and predacon

one in which earth and cybrton have entered into a mutual alliance with one another as allies to the point that the 2 have over time created through the fusion of human and cybertronian technology and science a entirely earth born brave new generation of protoformed cybertronians.

basicly take everything you know about the yuusha braves fictional mythos, take all the best most choice qualities of it and adapt it to the transformers mythos as a animated series

now imagine for a moment what that series might be like if a autobot character were introduced at some point in the series towards the beginning.

one that happens to be a amnesiac regarding thier personel origins

he always goes rambling on about extremely advanced science theory though most of it comes out sounding like straight up science fiction when it comes to how he words his thoughts

he happens to be dangerously genre trope savy in his way seemingly to the point the guy could practically predict how the entire day would play out in advance

he also happens to be totally scary freaky skilled with anything involving technology but more times then not from the other characters viewpoint it all comes down to being pure random chance or plain luck that what he built or modified works exactly like he intended it to due to him being the only one who knows how to make it work right like that in the first place

you just cant quite shake that feeling that maybe just maybe the guy might actaully know exactly what hes talking about or that he may even very well be a time traveler from the distant future and or intidimensional traveler for that matter

the guy at his core happens to be a extreme fan boy type when it comes to anything hot blooded anime related but most especially if it has anything to do with the yuusha braves various mytho's

in a manner of speaking think of this transformers character as being the ultimate asscended fanboy

the kind of person who happens to be a cut above the regular otaku as The Ascended Fanboy who happens to be that lucky one-in-a-countless trillion with a hobby based on something imaginary which doesn't stay imaginary—it turns out to be real, and the fanboy character becomes a part of it himself.

this transformers character happens to be the ultimate obsessed yuusha braves fan to the point that he does not just eat sleep breath and dream about the stuff he somehow manages to live it literally

call it mind over matter ,call it reality warping power call it god like power for want of a better word for it

the guy somehow managed to figure out in his head exactly what he has to do asa yuusha braves fan to make anything from those shows work in reality to make the impossible possible in that truly epic hot blooded burning justice manner using nothing more then will power, fighting spirit ,positive emotion and hot blooded guts to make it happen

think about all that for a moment as meta fiction goes
johndclayton is offline   Reply With Quote