Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-30-2020, 09:04 PM   #81
Crobot91
Metroplex
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
Factually inaccurate. They order their product like anyone else and store it in their warehouse in Montreal. A pal of mine used to work there as one of the receivers. They have a brick and mortar store in Montreal and they sell as both CMD Store and Toys on Fire.

I've bought from them at comic conventions, and the prices are often marked down for common product.

If you order it direct from them, the prices are not jacked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart charges them fees to advertise, which will be passed on to the customer.
Nice try, lol.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:08 PM   #82
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Factually inaccurate. They order their product like anyone else and store it in their warehouse in Montreal. A pal of mine used to work there as one of the receivers. They have a brick and mortar store in Montreal and they sell as both CMD Store and Toys on Fire.

I've bought from them at comic conventions, and the prices are often marked down for common product.

If you order it direct from them, the prices are not jacked up. I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart charges them fees to advertise, which will be passed on to the customer.
I can't disagree with what you said except that last part. They jack up the price to the STUPID expensive all on their own far too often to the point of insanity. Walmart does not add on to justify some of the prices I've seen from them
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #83
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post
Ive bought from them in the past as well and had a pleasant visit at their shop when visiting Montreal...always been good in my experience. I'll take the advice above and make direct purchases from them in the future.
Their in-store TF selection was better back in the days imo. They still serve their purpose for the newly-released stuff as they often get it way before the others, in Canada at least.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:20 PM   #84
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Their in-store TF selection was better back in the days imo. They still serve their purpose for the newly-released stuff as they often get it way before the others, in Canada at least.
Ya I've ordered from CMDStore a bunch of times. Very quick shipping most of the time as well. Don't order from them through Walmart tho. Do it directly. Way better price. I'll admit some of the prices are a little high but no worse then getting it at other Comic Book Shops in person. Shop around tho & if you find a better deal order/buy elsewhere. No one is forcing you to buy from them.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 06-30-2020 at 11:23 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:16 AM   #85
Pgianos
Banned

Quote:

If you buy things at retail with the intent to resell you are a scalper. Cmd has and will never get a cent from me. I'd punch them in the face if I had nothing to lose.
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 12:49 AM   #86
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
No one is forcing you to buy from them.
It's difficult when they buy out everything from other retailers and mark it up at their own insane prices. We can shop around but then we're competing with CMDstore (after all, they buy stuff just like the rest of us) for who gets the product first. I'd open up a Walmart or Amazon listing and the moment I'd read "sold by cmdstore" I'd close the page and keep on looking. I would never give them a cent.
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
SleeplessKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:57 AM   #87
TRUCKvsGUN

They're asking $110 for SS-38 OP on walmart.ca. I don't know where they got it so I can't call it a scalp, but it is most definitely a gouge.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:47 AM   #88
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Thought this was a sightings thread?
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 05:42 AM   #89
TFanPage101
Commander Magnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Thought this was a sightings thread?
Same. As much as scalpers generally suck (the ones who charge $100 for a Voyager that people couldn't find because a select few grabbed them all) I would prefer to keep tabs here on things that appear on the site I would consider purchasing. Sorry if it seems I'm stepping in, just my two cents.

I see animation Megatron is still $28 online
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transfo.../6000200367570

Last edited by TFanPage101; 07-01-2020 at 05:44 AM.
TFanPage101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:22 AM   #90
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
They're asking $110 for SS-38 OP on walmart.ca. I don't know where they got it so I can't call it a scalp, but it is most definitely a gouge.
https://www.cmdstore.ca/search?q=studio+series+38

They sell 38 Optimus by himself $94 but 37 Rampage AND 38 Optimus for $80 (which is exactly retail). Go figure. lol
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
walmart