Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #61
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuropa View Post
Zeta did this to themselves, they wanted to get their unicron announcement out before hasbro crowdfunding ends, it worked, it’s taking attention and backers away from hasbro. Now Hasbro is doing something about it.
Indeed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70321447_421772098445936_730394351582052352_n.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	44812  
Old 09-13-2019, 08:23 PM   #62
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I really hope this thing gets made. They really should have been more on the down low about its production though. The majority of 3P companies don't show-off transformation videos and promotional material on Youtube like this. While I like Zeta as a company, they should have realized how stupid Hasbro can be when it comes to copyright...
Old 09-13-2019, 08:47 PM   #63
justprime
Animated

Yes but when did off shore producers ever worry about ip rights that dont apply to there locations... and since hasbros mfg been in Vietnam itll be interesting to see what comes of this
Old 09-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #64
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Yes but when did off shore producers ever worry about ip rights that dont apply to there locations... and since hasbros mfg been in Vietnam itll be interesting to see what comes of this
Many 3P and KO companies have been targeted by Hasbro and Takara lately. There was a rumor that Black Mamba and Weijang were being threatened because of copyright issues. They denied these claims to be true, but here we are today with Hasbro trying to silence Zeta. It is quite childish of Hasbro to act like this, but they don't care, as long as you're not making any profit off of their IP.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:50 AM   #65
SleeplessKnight
Robot in Disguise

I hope Zeta gets made, and you guys pay for it, and it gets shipped... and then gets seized by customs before it hits your doorstep and thrown into an incinerator. LOL!
My Sales Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20919

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21836
Old 09-14-2019, 07:06 AM   #66
TRUCKvsGUN

As someone who does collect 3P items, I don't feel bad for Zeta (or their fans) at all. Their offering wasn't meant to fill a gap, which is what I appreciate 3p for: the timing of their image release was intended to eat Hasbro's lunch.

How bad can someone feel for a shady chinese group that knocked off an idea? They aren't "silencing Zeta", as someone above wrote; this isn't a free speech issue, it's business. Like it or not, Transformers and similar franchises are exclusively birthed by the beast that is capitalism. Don't like it? Move to Venezuela, and crochet yourself some dolls out of yarn.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
Old 09-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #67
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Zeta has it coming when they tried to pull it off in such high profile style before the HasLab crowd-funding has been concluded. They should have worked on their not-Raiden trainbots set and it would be life as usual.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
Old 09-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #68
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
I see, so instead of doing a better job with what they are offering, plan it better and reduce the price to a reasonable amount Hasbro is instead opting to be sooky and bully a smaller company that's making something better for less. Yep, great way to build respect there guys. So childish and petty..
One can say the same about Zeta. First off, not their IP to sell, it belongs to HasTak, PERIOD.
Secondly, they should have waited for Hasbro's launch to fail, or until October a few days before the Hasbro ended. Instead, they gave Hasbro plenty of time to take action.

If Hasbro is seeing a dip in preorder sales, which have been somewhat stagnant since Zeta showed theirs off as well as the extension time, then yeah, I dont feel bad for Zeta getting stopped.

That said, I would have bought both, but Zeta was 100% stupid in being so loud about their version. I guarantee you had Hasbro's failed to meet the 8K backers and THEN Zeta announced Unicron, Zeta would be producing and selling their version without issue like so many others. (also still IF Hasbros gets funded)

Zeta let to much get to their heads and there is blowback, something the ACTUAL owner of the license has every right to fight for.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #69
mrluthor
Robot in Disguise

If Zeta is based in China this Not Unicron will be made. Hastak Bandai, Disney and Lego have no real power to enforce anything legally made in China. The Chinese government actually helps companies there stay in business the government owns about 40% of all businesses. All Zeta has to do is rename themselves. Don't believe the fake news of them busting WeiJiang, Toyworld and Black Mamba.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #70
steamwhistle
Crossover

Certainly, it may be produced in China, but could Hasbro put North American distributors/retailers on warning -- if you carry(/advertise for) this 3P product, we will not allow you to sell Hasbro product?
Closed Thread