Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-16-2022, 04:24 PM   #5401
alternatorfan
g1 baby
Re: Amazon.ca Transformers Sightings and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicgarden View Post
I ordered one myself. 47$ total with shipping, it?s pretty much the new price we would pay in store (if/when you can even find one)
Same ordered
Thanks fpr post
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:40 PM   #5402
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post

immediate thoughts on TS after transforming back & forth last night:

- despite being tooled from Kingdom Airrazor (who's got that ball-jointed bot neck with the back out to allow "head up" flying poses), he's got a SWIVEL NECK - what a letdown!
And that chin has got damn near no clearance to the chest, so there's no "chin up" posing ability

- bit worried about his gun the same way as the BAT 2-pack Kingdom Sideswipe's -> it's red plastic painted grey/gunmetal, with the hand port and the tip left red to avoid paint scratching - but the side bits that allow pegging onto (side of the hips) are painted over, worried if I actually do that then the gun's paint may shear off (unacceptable for his limited venues to acquire a copy)

- damn those lil bitty "forearm spikes" are tiny as hell - wonder how many people will accidentally throw theirs out? make sure u open up that lil paper wrap that's taped to the inner cardboard

- is it weird that I almost kind of like the Botcon2016 face better? it's a Funpub head so of course it looks a bit super-sculpey, but there's something about this new one's head, I dunno - think the eyes might be too long? seems like they stretch back into the sides of the helmet a lil bit more than they should, maybe
This one's got a grin, but Botcon2016 has got the "sleaze" if I could pin it down in a word

No complaints at all about flying chicken mode tho, it's ALL about that ptero-mug

My .com Terrorsaur was quoted to arrive tomorrow, and it actually arrived today! So u might be luckier than that
FINALLY.. after such a long wait.... mine arrived today.

My impression compared to yours.. robot head is a ball joint but it could have used more clearance, so it's got limited range but I can move the head a bit up or down.

The "bird" head could have use a bit more articulation, especially as it just hangs there in the back.

The gun, time will tell for the paint...

The fins, I don't find them that small so no trouble for me (but I might be used to figures with small parts) and I really don't know how someone could miss them (but I know someone did) as you have to flip the holder cardboard to untie him and the little paper thing is just impossible to miss.

I'm good with the face, so that's a non issue.

Mine had the familiar lose balljoints at the feet (already corrected) but the biggest annoyance I have are the very poorly done mushroom pegs for the wings, they barely freaking hold... time to do/find a fix I guess. Such a stupid thing to do.. just a tiny thicker "lip" would have make it a solid snap.. like something as small as 0.2 mm more would have been a huge difference.

"Bird" more looks like a red toaster with wings from under... but hey, it's a fun figure aside that wings issue.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #5403
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
robot head is a ball joint but it could have used more clearance, so it's got limited range but I can move the head a bit up or down
Maybe like, a mm? Turning his head is a question of "which portion of his upper chest do u want his chin resting on"

There's a reason nobody has posed his bot mode flying, he can't look up
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #5404
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Maybe like, a mm? Turning his head is a question of "which portion of his upper chest do u want his chin resting on"

There's a reason nobody has posed his bot mode flying, he can't look up
True that it's crazy limited, and the worst part is that they glued it on, the head in a two piece that can't be popped off to trim.

I think someone did it, but they must have been lucky that their head separated, or very highly skills.

But in the meanwhile, you can tilt his head up by pushing the dino-head assembly open a bit and rotating the head section back... that's no different than many other figures.
I'd be tempted to take my dremel to it if he wasn't such a hard to get figure.
Old 03-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #5405
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
you can tilt his head up by pushing the dino-head assembly open a bit and rotating the head section back... that's no different than many other figures
Haha, credit where it's due, that IS possible

I was gonna say like Siege Megs mold, but that floating neck platform's a different beast altogether
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #5406
Taylor890
Generation 2

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220318-085729_Chrome.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	51415  
Taylor890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 11:45 AM   #5407
Taylor890
Generation 2

My blaster from the uk seller also shipped but it sais I need to contact seller if I want tracking information. Is that normal?
Old 03-18-2022, 12:27 PM   #5408
Taylor890
Generation 2

This is what the tracking page looks like for the blaster
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20220318-122630_Chrome.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	51416  
Old 03-18-2022, 12:40 PM   #5409
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Haha, credit where it's due, that IS possible

I was gonna say like Siege Megs mold, but that floating neck platform's a different beast altogether
If you mean the floppy head thing due to no support and the part holding in place only by friction, I did a fix on mine...

I glued a small piece of plastic to act like a support/lip that holds the "neck piece" in place but can easily be pushed in as needed for transformation.

Took a few attempts to readjust and get it at the perfect location and the glue did rough up the sides, but it's inside so 100% unnoticeable.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC05538.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	51417  
Old 03-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #5410
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

For those who got Terrorsaur, anyone else missing the arm spikes? They were not attached to the figure and it looks like there is two spots on the cardboard, but no parts or string/plastic that would have attached them.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote