Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
EnragedCoconut
Machine War
Re: MP-05 Megatron for $60??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Ah, I'd recommend TFSource over BBTS for all Canadian buyers, TFSource knows all about customs/duty crossing the border and fills out customs forms so as to make sure the buyer never gets hit (they even market themselves around this), BBTS on the other hand does not so a Cdn buyer will just about always get hit with fees from them.

Makes the choice easy. And this isn't a shot at BBTS, but maybe they could learn from it. Why would I as a Canadian buyer ever buy from them knowing I'll get hit with charges when I know I can buy for similar price from TFSource and never get hit?
I'll have to remember this for my Jazz and Skylinx reissue. I've already got them preordered from BBTS but it seems i've got time to make changes. My Ironhide and Rachet have already shipped so i'm stuck eating customs charges on them.

EC
Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #12
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

That's actually not a bad deal for $105 shipped; it's essentially the same price as A3U was charging.

Quote:
Ah, I'd recommend TFSource over BBTS for all Canadian buyers, TFSource knows all about customs/duty crossing the border and fills out customs forms so as to make sure the buyer never gets hit (they even market themselves around this), BBTS on the other hand does not so a Cdn buyer will just about always get hit with fees from them.
This is by no means a shot at TFSource, but what you just mentioned there is as truthful as people who claim that parcels sent under a certain dollar amount (or under that amount) are never hit by customs; last I recall, I got charged the "handling fee" when Customs stopped that Reissue Magnus I had ordered from TFSource.
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #13
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

MP05 is selling for ~$50 in HK/China right now, seller is making extra money on the high shipping.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #14
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag

Quote:

Makes the choice easy. And this isn't a shot at BBTS, but maybe they could learn from it. Why would I as a Canadian buyer ever buy from them knowing I'll get hit with charges when I know I can buy for similar price from TFSource and never get hit?
I hope this is true, I did a group buy for the MP 5 upgrade kit from TF Source. Hope I don't get dinged
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #15
miasboytoy
Animated

i got my mp-05 locally for 100 canadian flat. hooked up tech spec too. this was the first wave and unmodded. thats still a good deal tho.
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #16
lars573
Energon

Quote:

One problem though. TFsources inventory is, in a word, abysmal. If you happen to need something other than G1 (vintage and reissue), those G1 accesory packs, or Takara collector figures BBTS is what you need and not tfsource.