Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 05-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #11
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: Masterpiece Laserwave and Megatron G1 Toy-Inspired Repaints Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
To say they purposely gave us an inaccurate colour is just wrong.
Really? You're telling me companies don't strategize to maximize profits in this way? Right... Like giving us re-paints first for certain predestined molds, ie: TR sentinel prime/astrotrain, megs/blitzwing...
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #12
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Takara's plan when they unified the MP line was to be as cartoon, and scale, accurate as possible. The first release will always be based on the cartoon, not the toy.

To say they purposely gave us an inaccurate colour is just wrong.
I'm a little skeptical. So they had a focus group and 7 out of 10 participants decided shockwave was lilac lavender in the cartoons? maybe he was in an episode but he was also 20 other shades throughout the run. They either fucked up or it was a deliberate cash grab because everyone knows he's purple.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #13
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Really? You're telling me companies don't strategize to maximize profits in this way? Right... Like giving us re-paints first for certain predestined molds, ie: TR sentinel prime/astrotrain, megs/blitzwing...
No, I agree that they were always planning on repaints. That has been Takara, and Hasbro's, plan all the way back to the beginning of Transformers. Hell they even used molds from other lines to reduce their costs.

My point was that Takara has made it clear that they would go with cartoons colours first when releasing new molds. You said it was an inaccurate colour scheme, but that is not true. Maybe to you it is because you think toy colour is accurate and cartoon isn't. That is up to you, but Takara made it clear what they were planning to do with the MP line.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:44 AM   #14
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I'm a little skeptical. So they had a focus group and 7 out of 10 participants decided shockwave was lilac lavender in the cartoons? maybe he was in an episode but he was also 20 other shades throughout the run. They either fucked up or it was a deliberate cash grab because everyone knows he's purple.
More likely is the line/brand team chose to go with that appeance colour, or as close to that as possible.

That has always been the downside to using the cartoon as the basis for the line. The cartoon had a lot of inaccuracies from episode to episode. Hell even within the same episode.

I believe they settled on the early design drawings as therir basis for each MP mold. Hence the colour choices.

Of course some design choices were also based on real world physics. A cartoon doesn't really have to worry about wehre every part goes when transforming, but the same can't be said for the MP designers. The most recent example of course is MP-36 Megatron's back kibble.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:56 AM   #15
Msol
Titanium

Takara has this weird idea in their heads that Galvatron was lilac, too. That’s not cartoon accurate, but I am 99% any MP Galvy will be the same awful colour as MP-29.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #16
Devastator55
Generation 1

A-E has preorder up already.....22,980 yen.

Ouch...That's an easy pass for me as much as I would like a darker shockwave.
Devastator55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #17
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
*shakes fist while opening wallet

even worse its a tt mall exclusive with a pretend limited supply and higher price. mp-11nr was only 2000 pieces but another million somehow fell off the back of a truck in china
The theory is it's limited in "Japan", but no limit out side of it.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #18
oroboru
Machine War

Didn't a KO company do the G1 deco version of Megatron? So did Takara just nut-up and outright steal their stuff and say it was their own?
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #19
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboru View Post
Didn't a KO company do the G1 deco version of Megatron? So did Takara just nut-up and outright steal their stuff and say it was their own?
The rumour was that the KO companies somehow "acquired" the cad files from takara. So it would seem they already had the g1 pieces designed but purposely left them out so they could sell a toy version down the line (now)

Here are some pics from my ko. Looks like the + version adds red on the abs and forearms as well

predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #20
oroboru
Machine War

Quote:
The rumour was that the KO companies somehow "acquired" the cad files from takara. So it would seem they already had the g1 pieces designed but purposely left them out so they could sell a toy version down the line (now)

Here are some pics from my ko. Looks like the + version adds red on the abs and forearms as well
Thanks for that - so I wasn't imagining things.
oroboru is offline   Reply With Quote