Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-22-2015, 01:05 AM   #131
supermanTF
Generation 2
Re: Biggest letdown of the year

Okay, Tracks is a big let down for some but you know what THE BIGGEST LET DOWN for this year is - IT'S the hasbro promise of a g1 dinobot platinum set only to have them look like A0E dinobots in g1 colors. THAT IS A TOTAL LET DOWN
supermanTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #132
python
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanTF View Post
Okay, Tracks is a big let down for some but you know what THE BIGGEST LET DOWN for this year is - IT'S the hasbro promise of a g1 dinobot platinum set only to have them look like A0E dinobots in g1 colors. THAT IS A TOTAL LET DOWN
I'll second this...

Followed up by Blitzwing/Astrotrain not being G1 colors.
(although I am coming around fast on Blitzwing - it looks really good)
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #133
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
Followed up by Blitzwing/Astrotrain not being G1 colors.
Yeah, that wasn't the smartest move.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:14 PM   #134
pside9
Beasty

I like to wait till I can have figures in hand or at least see good video reviews of them before I trash or praise them.

So I won't peg diaper-ed MP Ironhide as my pick here yet (smirk)...

Adding my vote to the AOE dinobots set with G1 inspired colours and heads as being the biggest let down so far...My fault really for expecting something besides those molds.
pside9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:28 PM   #135
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pside9 View Post
I like to wait till I can have figures in hand or at least see good video reviews of them before I trash or praise them.

So I won't peg diaper-ed MP Ironhide as my pick here yet (smirk)...
It has nothing to do with the diaper-ed look for me. It's the empty space on the sides of bot mode that bugs me.. They should make a panel to cover those space on the side at least. The rest of the figure actually looks fine. I don't mind empty space if it's at the back of the figures, but it is just too much if empty space or holes can be seen on the sides of the MPs.. It makes MP look cheap, far off the traditional MPs that we used to get. I have to agree with some of you.. Has/Tak has gone a little bit too far on some of these MPs lately. eg. Tracks & Ironhide.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #136
timcrook
Cybertron

Let the airing of grievances begin ...

I'm pretty happy with transformers this year but some minor disappointments:
- random colours of AOE dinobots
- unglossy paper instructions in newest CW wave
- no paper instructions at all with RID toys
- no bio or stats on back of collector cards from CW toys (I'm guessing soon the cards will be part of the packaging and we will have to cut them out)
Old 11-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #137
CAF
Banned

The best part about my biggest letdown (new MP designs not appealing to me) is that it gives me a chance to catch up on previous ones and some stellar 3p offerings I had been letting slip away in leu of the hype for new ones. And imo in doing so, if I so choose to entertain some of these recent flops, I can count on getting a great dicount as they seem to me to be destined as shelfwarmers.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #138
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I think its too early to call tracks a flop as far as sales, and light years early on ironhide, ratchet, and laserwave. I personally dont expect to see tracks in a bargain bin anytime soon (call it rhetoric as dont know production and distribution vs sales numbers). If your looking for a retail flop, I would suggest hasbro mp streak has that appearance.
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #139
CAF
Banned

Well I see tha the Tracks are declining in price on ebay. But Bluestreak, I wonder if that is just from nissan fatigue? I got the Takara version and It's one of my favorite MP cars. As far as I know, there are 4 versions of that one character so it might have been part of why it's a shelfwarmer?

I see a bit of a transformation happening in the collectors community right now, where the Tracks release has segrigated reviewers into 2 groups- for the community and for the sponsors. I believe that reviews that overlook flaws are a thing of the past now.

Either MP will step it up again or lose market share to a segment of people who are dissapointed with recent design quality.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #140
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I won't chime in on tracks until mine arrives (cheap shipping) but I can comment on ebay prices. People usually ask for more at the beginning because theyre trying to cash in on "first to market", then prices flatten. If we see prices drop below cost then its a sign that supply is crushing supply so I wouldn't call it a flop until that.

Bluestreak is priced the same as starscream so the shelf warming is a result if poor pricing strategy on Hasbro's part. $65-$70 should have the price point
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote