Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #1
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Post in this thread for help to identify a Transformers toy

We can use this thread when we pick something up and don't know its name or what it is.
I made a find at the Salvation Army Thrift Shop today. Maybe somebody knows what this is from?It transforms but I don't think its a Transformer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1514.JPG
Views:	1354
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	133

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1516.JPG
Views:	1394
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	134
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
y2jversion1
Machine War
Re: What the heck is this?

That's a Jetstorm from the Beast Machines Transformers series (which followed & concluded the Beast Wars series)
y2jversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 AM   #3
Protoman
The Legend

Actually, it's not Jetstorm. It's "Sonic Attack Jet". He was a drone/repaint of Jetstorm in the later Beast Machines line. Best way to tell them apart is the use of red instead of yellow on the forhead and body.... and the missles. Good find, he was tougher to get in Canada cause the tail end of Beast Machines was limited in release here.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman

Last edited by Protoman; 08-01-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

CYBERTRON.CA is JERICHO!!!!!!!!

Cool, thanks y2jversion1. It doesn't quite have the quality I've come to expect from Transformers thats why I thought it might be something else. A great find for .99cents. I'm glad I picked it up!

And thanks to Protoman as well, knew I'd get the answer I needed.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
y2jversion1
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Actually, it's not Jetstorm. It's "Sonic Attack Jet". He was a drone/repaint of Jetstorm in the later Beast Machines line. Best way to tell them apart is the use of red instead of yellow on the forhead and body.... and the missles. Good find, he was tougher to get in Canada cause the tail end of Beast Machiens was limited in release here.
D'oh! I was close though

The colours of this drone/repaint actually reflect the colours of the Jetstorm character from the show more than the actual Jetstorm toy did...

For 0.99 it's a freakin steal!! Good one man!
y2jversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
Protoman
The Legend

That is sadly how the Beast Machines line was, always the "2nd shot" at the character was better then the first. Case in point with Mega Cheetor (then Supreme Cheetor), Mega Tankorr (then Deluxe Tank Drone), Deluxe Primal (Then Blast Punch Primal), Thrust, ect ect. It does not help when initially the McDonald toys were more dead on then the main line ones either.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM   #7
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

God I hate that line.

Why did I buy them in high school?

(kicks one's self)
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #8
Protoman
The Legend

Yes it did have a lot of figures that I too felt a little disappointed about after removing them from their plastic prison (what I call packaging). Mega Cheetor was..... just terrible.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Yes it did have a lot of figures that I too felt a little disappointed about after removing them from their plastic prison (what I call packaging). Mega Cheetor was..... just terrible.

Throw in the Unicron.com Accessory pack with his big honkin swords and Mega Cheetor looks better armed and not so weak against the hordes of Vehicons.

I found Beast Machines to be quite a good toyline and am still miffed that I could't get them all in Canada because I really want figures like Motorcycle Drone and Night Viper. (Which for some reason I never once found at Retail despite being an early toy in the line.)

A shame fans of the Transformers didn't really get Beast Machines until after the fact especially in Canada; if they had we might not have seen the clogging of shelves that was so abundant in those days and maybe would have managed to get the cool Battle for the Spark sub-line in greater abundance.

I really never understood all the hate for both series and toys to be honest; heck back in the day I'd bought two of some of the Vehicons before I realized building an army of them would be impossible and sold them off. And as for the Maximals; they seem to be more hated than most, but why? Their toys were fun and fun to play with still not like some of the more complex car brother molds and the like we got from Robots in Disguise. Not to mention the concept of Technorganics was pretty neat and I miss Spark Crystals like what we had in those days.
So what if they didn't match the show? That's not Hasbro's fault, you can blame that squarely on the animation choices for the series; I don't see why they couldn't go with the look of the toys better and avoid the whole morphing transformation thing, but then again I still like the series so yeah, probably a tad hypocritical of me or something.

If you need instructions on how to TF that guy fully Robimus I'm sure you can find them online.

At the time everyone was against Beast Machines because it wasn't Beast Wars, the characters had different personalities from what had been established and to many the toys were a great dissapointment because they didn't match the show, nowadays many of those naysayers have changed opinions of both toys and show... I personally never had a problem with either; I liked it all even that crazy ending they had, still I'm sure if they were making the series nowadays they'd change a lot of what happened... But I'd hope they'd keep the final fight scene just the way it was; many say what the best climactic engagemet is between Optimus Prime and Megatron... I say what we got in Beast Machines is the best Climactic engagement between Optimus Primal and Megatron II.

A shame the Megatron toy we got in Beast Machines was just a tad too small; it's the only thing I am disappointed with, but that's mostly because I overpaid for the bastard at Galaxy Comics because I couldn't find him/wait for him on the shelves at retail among all those Cheetors clogging everything.

Last edited by Scrapper6; 08-01-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #10
Pascal
Banned

I think the best toy of the line was that 6-wheeled tank (forgot the name). The transformation was pretty unique, and so was the look of the robot. I wouldn't mind a redeco in more stealth colors in a future line, the Universe one was tacky.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generation 1, jazz, porche