Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #11
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: Waspinator is cool!

Waspinator is a great figure. But I wouldn't pass on Rhinox either. Mine is perfect without the future to tighten up any joints. Highly recommend both even if you're not a Beast Wars fan.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
there_is_a_martens
Beast Machine

I agree. Long time ago I told myself I had no use for Beast Wars toys. They seemed like a waste of a concept to me. But then I saw Rhinox on the shelf and man... I swear the thing flirted with me to talk me into buying him (dont judge, my wife was with me!) Long story short, he is one of my favorites now. It was that purchase that convinced me into picking up Waspy too. Not a huge fan of the bot mode but the bug mode is stellar! And he has got flappy wings! Flappy wings make me smile.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
Vorahk
Energon

Waspinator is a awesome figure. I've bee. Waiting since beast wars for a verison like this. He fits in nicely with my other beastformers . I was so focused on getting him I missed getting yoth prime. Oh well.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #14
ironhide_warmachine
Generation 2
ironhide_warmachine's Ebay Auctions

Flappy wings make me smile too. I have two waspinator, one for both modes. Might grab a third for possible repaint purposes.
ironhide_warmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #15
Wheeltron
Maximal

The most surprising thing I've encountered since I starting collecting and following news is that there are people who actually and honestly just don't like Beast Wars and I can't say I've ever run across anyone who has before.

This is probably largely because anyone I've ever talked to about Transformers up until now has been my age and we grew up around the time of BW, although we would have been rather young when the original run was on.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #16
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
The most surprising thing I've encountered since I starting collecting and following news is that there are people who actually and honestly just don't like Beast Wars and I can't say I've ever run across anyone who has before.

This is probably largely because anyone I've ever talked to about Transformers up until now has been my age and we grew up around the time of BW, although we would have been rather young when the original run was on.
What you like best ====> What was around when you were a kid.

Generally. I mean, I'm an exception to prove the rule. Despite being born in 1981, seeing TF:TM in the theatre, having a solid G1 collection and collecting the comics, renting FFoD eighty-million times from the video store, blah blah blah... I value my Beast Wars toys far more deeply, and the show is my single favorite media series of any Transformers (comic, toon, whatever). I sold all of my G1 recently and didn't bat an eyelash. Most people I know that are a little too young to have been into G1 when it was current like and remember BW fondly.

Hey, whatever spins your windmill (so long as you don't make butthurt claims that your personal preference is 'right')*

*unless you like Energon the best. I think that gets you booted off planet earth.**

**I kid, like Energon if you want.***

***seriously, Energon? No.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 AM   #17
Wheeltron
Maximal

Yeah, I would expect the 80's generation to like G1 a lot more than Beast Wars, but I've actually seen people dislike it all together which is surprising... The writing is very good and characters are memorable.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #18
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Yep, Waspinator is pretty cool.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
Wheeltron
Maximal

Incidentally has anyone heard any recent word on when Rattrap comes out? BBTS says it releases in April but I'm curious.

I just picked up my Rattrap and he looks great beside my old Transmetals. I'm gonna work on growing my Beast War figures.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:10 AM   #20
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I've got the wave (Rattrap, Tankor & Crosscut) on pre-order so naturally I check every day. Where'd you get yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote