Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: New TFC Hercules PO Now Up

Ohhkay...I'm gonna open up mine when it gets here to get a better idea of what's going on see if it's fixable.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #22
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Here's a link to the thread discussing the issues. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...hread-595.html

Man it sounds kind of sucky. No excues for the serious problems when the toy costs $100. I'm kind of glad now that I didn't get in to this, but it really sucks for those who did if this isn't resolved. Either keep rolling the dice or have a incomplete devastator. Niether is appealing.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #23
Megatrons Cannon
Only Cares about G1!!!
Megatrons Cannon's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Man it sounds kind of sucky. No excues for the serious problems when the toy costs $100. I'm kind of glad now that I didn't get in to this, but it really sucks for those who did if this isn't resolved. Either keep rolling the dice or have a incomplete devastator. Niether is appealing.

The problem they are having is a very small one, its a way underpaid worker who probably sees alot of these things fly through their hands. Inserting a piece incorrectly at 90 or 180 degrees, you must think of the big picture. This company is doing what the original manufacture hasnt done yet or will do(as we havent seen boo on this subject) if they have a few flaws that are extremely fixable. As well they are working with the masses to get the best product out they can. I for one will buy all 6 figures regardless of QC issues, TFC has shown they are doing right by shipping a fixed arm for Exgraver. I am also sure if there is any other issues TFC will fix or resolve the issue.

My Feedback Thread
Megatrons Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #24
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

The 90° difference isn't the problem, the shredding and dusting of the hip ratchets is

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
The 90° difference isn't the problem, the shredding and dusting of the hip ratchets is
i'm not being a troll here... honest question: do the two things relate to each other?

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Nope, the 90° one is for the outward movement, the gears shredding is the forward and backward movement

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #27
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
i'm not being a troll here... honest question: do the two things relate to each other?
If you skim through the link I posted. People are saying it's not a problem of assembly. It's a flaw in the molding of the plastic on a major portion of the figure. If I've read right, to fix it you have to shave plastic off the figure itself, not an easy or comfortable experience for most with the fate of a $100 in their hands.

Now from all acounts TFC so far has handled things right with their first release. People are now waiting to see how they handle this problem because, it's not a simple part swap this time. You'd have to replace the body. Here's to happy times for all in involved.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #28
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Well, this is a downer. Mine is paid for but on hold.

Nothing to do but wait for TFC to figure out a solution, though this one seems to be one of the worst possible problems.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #29
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
If you skim through the link I posted. People are saying it's not a problem of assembly. It's a flaw in the molding of the plastic on a major portion of the figure. If I've read right, to fix it you have to shave plastic off the figure itself, not an easy or comfortable experience for most with the fate of a $100 in their hands.

Now from all acounts TFC so far has handled things right with their first release. People are now waiting to see how they handle this problem because, it's not a simple part swap this time. You'd have to replace the body. Here's to happy times for all in involved.
Isn't it just a matter of unscrewing the legs and replacing that squarish bit with a thinner one?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #30
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Isn't it just a matter of unscrewing the legs and replacing that squarish bit with a thinner one?
I'm not intimate with the exact details in terms of exact parts. So you probably know better than I. I'm just going from what I read up to a certain point from the provided link. Someone posted it wasn't a simple part swap and it involved the green body bits.