Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
Aernaroth
Metroplex
Re: Raise your Hand - Who's pissed off at the current situation with Animated toys?

Once again, blame retailers. You can't fault Hasbro because TRU isn't all that keen to stock new figures for a line that no longer has a tv show to support it, for characters who aren't main ones, and for a line that frankly, they have trouble getting rid of the rest of anyway. Especially consider that assigning space for these figures would take away space from the movie line, which is likely far more profitable at this moment.

Given how hard its been to find these figures even in places where they HAVE been released, it's not like your chances of finding them would be all that great anyway.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
Lysist
Alternator
Re: Raise your Hand - Who's pissed off at the current situation with Animated toys?

PAY TO PLAY! You guys know the rules. Get over it.

There have been a huge number of Toys (Not just TF's) that are never seen in Canada (And Quebec gets even fewer)

If collecting was just lining up to get your rationed toys then it would be boring. Most collectors I know get more of a rush from the acquisition then the fun of the actual item. If you are a completest then you know there is going to be 40% mass retail. 15% store exclusives,that may or may not be available in your area, 40% of Takara Product that you will have to import if you want it. 5% convention exclusive (Jpn/US) that you are going to pay through the nose for in travel or mark up. Then you are going to get end of line/short packed figures that will not see much circulation. if you are newer to collecting then this is what you have gotten in to.

This is not new. This has been happening since beast Wars! We know this. If you "really" want a hard to come by figure then get resourceful. Yes, you might have to pay more then your predetermined value but that is to be expected. Think about how many main line piece you got on sale. it evens out in the end.

Relax, you will get them if you really want them. This is supposed to be fun

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #13
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I'm still waiting like the rest of you. I find that TRU has been pretty iffy with exclusives, I was never able to get my hands on Universe Countdown and Darkwind. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my sister finds me an Arcee some time soon but my main concern right now is MP Grimlock.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
For the most part...Hasbro doesn't listen to us or doesn't care what we think
Yes, because they don't listen to every fans suggestion they don't listen at all nor care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Once again, blame retailers. You can't fault Hasbro because TRU isn't all that keen to stock new figures for a line that no longer has a tv show to support it, for characters who aren't main ones, and for a line that frankly, they have trouble getting rid of the rest of anyway. Especially consider that assigning space for these figures would take away space from the movie line, which is likely far more profitable at this moment.

Given how hard its been to find these figures even in places where they HAVE been released, it's not like your chances of finding them would be all that great anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysist View Post
PAY TO PLAY! You guys know the rules. Get over it.

There have been a huge number of Toys (Not just TF's) that are never seen in Canada (And Quebec gets even fewer)

If collecting was just lining up to get your rationed toys then it would be boring. Most collectors I know get more of a rush from the acquisition then the fun of the actual item. If you are a completest then you know there is going to be 40% mass retail. 15% store exclusives,that may or may not be available in your area, 40% of Takara Product that you will have to import if you want it. 5% convention exclusive (Jpn/US) that you are going to pay through the nose for in travel or mark up. Then you are going to get end of line/short packed figures that will not see much circulation. if you are newer to collecting then this is what you have gotten in to.

This is not new. This has been happening since beast Wars! We know this. If you "really" want a hard to come by figure then get resourceful. Yes, you might have to pay more then your predetermined value but that is to be expected. Think about how many main line piece you got on sale. it evens out in the end.

Relax, you will get them if you really want them. This is supposed to be fun
Yay people who know what they're talking about! It's so tiring seeing people bitch about their precious exclusives not being delivered to their doorstep. Welcome to collecting, no one promised we'd be getting them anyways so I don't know why anyone ASSUMES we will. But since some of these figures have (and some more to come) been released somewhere in the world, it's not like they don't exist, you're just gonna have to be resourceful and figure out another way to get them

To quote Billy Madison after a story about a boy who lost his dog, "If your dog gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that fucking dog!" In other words, you shouldn't expect it to come to you, if it doesn't, go out there and find another way to get it...welcome to collecting, everything ain't easy to get.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
Me.Grimlock.King
Banned

True. That is why I try to support takara or any other 3rd party companies if I have the money. It seems difficult for Hasbro to get their head out of their butts and take a listen to the customer in Canada but as long as we keep buying and they keep making good money they will not change their ways. Hasblow sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
For the most part...Hasbro doesn't listen to us or doesn't care what we think. They throw us a treat every once in a while and fans applaud like trained seals. I wish Takara handled the license over here instead of Hasbro.
Me.Grimlock.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
Prowler
Posting from the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.Grimlock.King View Post
True. That is why I try to support takara or any other 3rd party companies if I have the money. It seems difficult for Hasbro to get their head out of their butts and take a listen to the customer in Canada but as long as we keep buying and they keep making good money they will not change their ways. Hasblow sucks!
Is that the waaaambulance I hear? Seriously, just because they don't give us what YOU want that company as a whole sucks? Ya....that's rational.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
WhiteRabbit
Wrecker
Cool Re: Raise your Hand - Who's pissed off at the current situation with Animated toys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
...welcome to collecting
Pretty much. I don't even collect extensively (mostly character-based), but when characters/molds I want become harder to get, them's the breaks.

People should also be reminded that Arcee is still a pink girl toy in a now-defunct boy's line (which is why there was no G1 Arcee toy to begin with), shipped with an almost identical version of a character that's likely still widely available. How many retailers do you think jumped up to get onboard with that? Sounds like just one. :P

Wanna know how my GF and I got our TFA Arcees? She traded her MISB SDCC Nemesis Prime for them. An exclusive for exclusives, way it goes. :B
Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
Magnimus
Alternator

It's disappointing, sure, but nothing to get your underwear turned inside-out about considering no promises were made and it's the retailers who determine what is stocked, not the toy company.

I do wonder if Hasbro is thinking about creating their own direct-market toy service for collectors much like Mattel did with Matty Collector. I'm sure Hasbro could handle the customer service and shipping aspect better than Mattel does.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
Lysist
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
Wanna know how my GF and I got our TFA Arcees? She traded her MISB SDCC Nemesis Prime for them. An exclusive for exclusives, way it goes. :B
Ouch...That is dedication, she must really like you

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

I'm not too fussed if I miss out on Arcee. Don't get me wrong I would love to have the figure, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed out on an exclusive and very likely won't be the last. Like already said, it happens and is just part of the game.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote