Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #11
talon4ce
Generation 1
Re: Helping other people choose the right Transformer...

Just yesterday in TRU (I work in R'Zone), I noticed a customer buying a TFA Waspinator and I was like "yay! Waspinator is awesome!"

I think I just ratted myself out as the Anti-Prime. *hides* I think more about the character behind the toy than the toy itself... probably because I see it as a toy and not a collectable figure. Sooo I probably should have said 'bluh, don't you know he's a shelf warmer? That's why all the TFA Deluxes on the racks are the same damn toy!' So, at least I know better in that regard, yeah? lol
talon4ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Back in September, I was vacationing in Ottawa and while I visited the local Toys R Us, I saw a confused young lady looking through a stack of Transformers Animated toys. As I walked by, noticing no one else was offering, I asked if I could help her find anything in particular and she said she was looking for an Animated Bulkhead for her nephew's birthday. Quickly, I glanced over to where I had seen the toy and pointed it out to her. As she picked it up, she thanked me and asked if I worked in the store. I said no, to which she replied: "Well, you picked him out pretty fast." I told her I was a Transformers collector and she told me I should be the one running this Toys R Us as three employees, plus the manager had all told her they had no Bulkhead's left in stock and that they weren't sure when they'd be getting more in as he was a rather unpopular figure in their store.

I agree, it felt really good to share a little TF know-how and to help some one in need find the right Transformer for her nephew. Didn't put in an application for manager of the Ottawa store though.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
Protoman
The Legend

I only did this once, a mom in TRU was looking for Ratchet for her son. She kept eying the Animated Activator Ratchet and the Animated Deluxe out of confusion. I knew something was up on a deeper level so I asked her if her son saw the movie and she said yes, he wanted Ratchet after that. So clearly she was barking up the wrong tree (or line) so to speak. So I showed her FAB Ratchet that was there (sadly no Voyager or Legends at the time) and she was happy (hopefully the kid too).

I am sure this has happened to all of us, but do a lot of parents tend to think you WORK there when your in the TF aisle, I mean we ain't even in a uniform.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #14
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

One story comes to mind, I persuaded a couple of adults (prob late 30's early 40's) not to get voyager mixmaster...for their 3 year old nephew...instead I suggested a FAB. I think it was Jetfire. I said to them that anyone his age should get a deluxe at the most, I suggested the FABs because they are more durable and have less parts.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #15
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Anytime Im out toy hunting and I see someone needing help Transformers or toy wise I help

Last Christmas, I was working in toys and I had a male customer walking around the toys department with a blank look on his face. I asked him if he needed help and he told me he was an idiot and waited to the last minute to get his 2 kids presents. (I think it was the 23rd of December.) I helped him get all his Christmas shopping done and I picked all his kids presents for him. lol I saw him a few days later and he was so happy and thankful. His kids loved all the presents.

CJ
Old 11-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #16
Icetron

I help people out when they look really confused, dunno why but I just do it. Usually it's at TRU since at other stores no one really looks at the TFs.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #17
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
I am sure this has happened to all of us, but do a lot of parents tend to think you WORK there when your in the TF aisle, I mean we ain't even in a uniform.
That happens more than I'd like sometimes.

2 funny examples

1 - I used to get frequently stopped when I'd be wearing my coop uniform in either tru or walmart. I actually got in an argument with a guy who wanted fertilizer and expected me to go find it for him because he wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't work there. I've had to point out the logo more than once on my uniform, and it's a comparatively distinct uiniform. TRU and Walmart both use red or blue vests or red golf shirts for their uniforms. Coop uses black shirts.

2 - I got stopped a few times in the past month by people asking me where to find things like rubix cubes and cabbage patch dolls despite being in normal street clothes and the fact that I wear a nightmare before christmas jean jacket that's pretty difficult not to notice
Old 11-08-2009, 03:24 AM   #18
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Yes, that happens to me a fair bit. It really is strange.
The one interesting story that came out of one incident was when I talked a parent out of buying Leader Class Prime. The kid really want it and I told the mother that her son was really going to hate the toy, because the transformation is so complex (THOSE F'N FRONT WINDOWS!), that he may break it and throw it away out of frustration. He was a pretty anxious kid and fidgety, that's why I said that. I told her that he might be happier with the Voyager class.

Say that I did the right thing, but I hate to see toys broken (I've had that problem since I was a little kid).
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 AM   #19
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Ya, numerous times....my favourite was when an older woman wanted to get a Transformer for her grandson and asked if this one was alright (holding aa Alternators Rollbar).

So I asked "how old is the lad?"..."5"...and I handed her a Cybertron Scout instead :P

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #20
Unicrons_Domain
Banned

It's nice to see these types of positive things once and a while. Good stuff Vakamadisk!
Unicrons_Domain is offline   Reply With Quote