Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #51
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Helping other people choose the right Transformer...

after looking all over london and stratford at christmas time, i was in the pitiful zellers here looking for something new and helped a couple that were trying to find leader prime, told them which stores in london still had him, they were really happy as it was all their son had asked for for christmas

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #52
shockwing
Please, call me Bringer

I was at TRU, looking for a gift for my birthday, these grandparents were looking for animated safegaurd for their grand kid after seeing promotional ad for the set. all they knew was it is new and they combined telling the employee, so I kinda toke over for him helping them out
shockwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #53
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
If you wanted to be a prick to the employee. You could have said, "Yeah, I play with them. Just like I play with yo' mama every night." And there's not a dam thing they can say back to you. If they do... manager please... hahha. But good job on the helping front.
Not quite. If someone ever said that to me I would beat the life out of them no matter where we were. I think my manager would be pretty understanding once I explained the situation.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #54
chans formers
raff ow roud

^lolz!!
and you would then end up jobless and in jail,shacked up with somebody named bubbles

seriously though,there's been a few times where i go to tru and notice a frustrated grandma or parent,not knowing which ones to choose for a young'un. i usually don't pipe up till i notice that the employee doesn't have a friggin' clue what's what and suggests ultimate bb for a four year old

usually i would recommend certain products according to the age they say the children are.

example would be=
1-3 years old= bumper battlers,powerbots,robot heroes,etc.

4-7 years would be= legends,scouts and certain deluxes that are fairly simple.(i still haven't ever recommended "any" of the rotf deluxes to anybody as they pretty much have mp engineering with a side of plastic origami thrown in for that added frustration level

if anything,i've actually turned some grandma's away from mudflap/skids,etc, then recommended more basic transformation molds like bb.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #55
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Generally common folk are too scared to talk to me. They see me coming and run off.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote