Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
Jeem
Energon
Hasbro Brainstorm rant about his head.

Not a new thing, but I recently decided to move my shelves around and thought, "Brainstorm, you are a sexy beast," and decided to touch him. Big mistake.

I'm pretty sure I got the second release of him b/c he came packaged with 600 elastic bands on his head. I did the thing where you press the release button down and then tilt the head forward to release the catch that is on his chin. Then the whole neck popped off the tiny body.

I thought I had sheered the plastic and was ready to release a string of curses in front of my conservative wife. But upon closer inspection it seems the neck is held onto the headmaster through a threaded screw but it still wasn't going back on even after I took it apart.

Long post just to make a point. Why can't a third party provider just make us a new head of Brainstorm?

(this thread is useless without pics, I will try to take some tonight)

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #2
timcrook
Cybertron
Re: Hasbro Brainstorm rant about his head.

I think there is a deluxe class Brainstorm coming in the Titan Wars line. Hopefully the heads are compatible, although the saying "fool me once ... Fool me twice, shame on me" Comes to mind.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
I think there is a deluxe class Brainstorm coming in the Titan Wars line. Hopefully the heads are compatible, although the saying "fool me once ... Fool me twice, shame on me" Comes to mind.
They did state that the new "Titan Masters" will be compatible with Voyager Brainstorm... though considering how G1 style hardhead and skull cruncher are and their deluxe size I wouldn't be too surprised to see a more G1 deluxe headmaster brainstorm come out of the woodwork.

Feedback Thread
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

There's a trick with stripped screw holes you can try. Put a little bit of paper or TP around the screw or into the screw hole so it has something for the teeth to grip on to... I'm realizing this is starting to sound very dirty...

But seriously, it works for every day stiff like door hinges, etc.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
Jeem
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
There's a trick with stripped screw holes you can try. Put a little bit of paper or TP around the screw or into the screw hole so it has something for the teeth to grip on to... I'm realizing this is starting to sound very dirty...

But seriously, it works for every day stiff like door hinges, etc.

Good idea, I'll take some pics when I get home, but my worry is the plastic around the neck hole is not very thick. Thickening the screw may crack it. I was going to try super glue, but plastic to metal may not bond.

I saw a video on youtube that explains the reason why the head is getting stuck is because the sides of the head are too thick. I will need to shave them down. He seems right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT3gyFCRkBk

Woot woot! My own Feedback thread!: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=24846

My For Sale thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51577

Last edited by Jeem; 11-13-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Where did they confirm cross-compatibility with this Brainstorm and new HMs? Not that I doubt it, I just don't remember them defining the peg size.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #7
carissa
Energon

so glad I ditched my Hasbro Brainstorm and just made a repaint....
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
RaidenisOP
Plastic Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhainan View Post
Where did they confirm cross-compatibility with this Brainstorm and new HMs? Not that I doubt it, I just don't remember them defining the peg size.
I was positive I read it on one of the news articles around NYCC on TFW or possibly from one of the periscope videos that were happening at NYCC, but of course as it always happens I can't find it now, so it's possible I might be misremembering but I'm positive I saw somewhere that they said the titan master headmasters will work with the current voyager brainstorm... Though personally I'm still pulling for a deluxe, G1 style brainstorm and Chromedome and Highbrow to go with Hardhead.

Feedback Thread
RaidenisOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #9
DesertDog
Beast Machine

I'd be down for a 3P Arcana.

Separate legs, arms without bingo wings, and removable/swappable Brainstorm faceplates, with or without Con logo, of course. Sign me up.

Until I read this thread I had no idea that that button was for his head release. I thought it was just for his Tech Spec gimmick. Ya learn something new everyday. Maybe I should have read the instructions.