Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #21
lars573
Energon
Re: Am I the only one that absolutely hates MP Megatron?

Now that I have a MP-05 I'll comment. Like I suspected the comments about his transformation were over blown (got it down to 3 minutes, about the same for MP SS BTW). However he doesn't fit together as well as I'd prefer in gun mode (arm armour won't lock down flush). As for his delacateness that I can see. If you to to unfold his chest and go about it wrong (and there is a right and wrong way to do it) you could break his waist pin. All told I love him. Perfect companion piece to MP Prime. $100 well spent.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #22
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I'm part of the "I've never transformed MP-Megatron" club. I tried when I first got him, but the pressure I was having to apply scared the crap out of me. I was afraid I was going to snap him like a twig. It seemed better to let him sit on the shelf and look pretty (which he does). Like others have said, he is more of a display piece than a toy to play with.

Even with the flaws, I'm glad I have him in the collection.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #23
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

The cosmic rust strikes! I guess it must be the moisture in the air, cause it was fine throughout the summer

G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #24
the.mitten

Just got mine in today...would say he's tricky to get into gun mode, but i managed it. Tip for anyone that was as clueless as I was: remove the plastic spacers inside his arm that prevent the arm from locking flush......other than that though he looks good in gun mode.
the.mitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #25
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Jeez. That is some nasty looking rust. Try dipping the part in a weak acid like coke or lemon juice. Might take some of the rust off, assuming its a thin layer. Rubbing alcohol might help too. Put some on a qtip or cotton ball and rub the metal.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #26
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot. Anyone know if they fixed this issue with the new release?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #27
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aernaroth View Post
Jeez. That is some nasty looking rust. Try dipping the part in a weak acid like coke or lemon juice. Might take some of the rust off, assuming its a thin layer. Rubbing alcohol might help too. Put some on a qtip or cotton ball and rub the metal.
This actually might be effective, but realistically it usually takes alot more then that to eliminate rust.

However given that it only looks like slight surface rust, I personally would try attempting to use a wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (basically a very very fine sand paper) to remove as much of the surface rust as physically allowed. Once the item has been dried thoroughly, and all rust, dirt, and oils have been removed, I would suggest having these bare metal parts that are prone to rust clear coated. Reason being, it realistically looks like the metal portions that were left unpainted weren't treated at all, and the rust itself is actually resulting from the user or manufacturer touching the portions of bare metal with there oily hands which over time will result in the surface rust people are getting.

Last edited by JaySmith; 01-17-2008 at 01:24 AM.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
slippy
Robot in Disguise

i think he's awesome in both modes

i finally got him transformed into gun mode - without instructions
i just played with it a few minutes at a time, and took a break whenever i got stuck

was mp5 supposed to come with a stand?
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:05 AM   #29
Barpharanges
Beast Machine

Just Got Megs in the mail. Lovingly transformed him for almost 30 minutes to an oversized pistol, giggling the whole time. Totally regressed 23 years to when I had the brand new original G1 Megatron, and began pantomime shooting everthing in sight.
Aside from a slight missalignment of the shoulders in gun mode, and some heart stopping moments with the insane hip joints, Megs went smoothly into a gun. And I enjoyed it every minute of it.
Sorry Guys. I Love MP-05.
Barpharanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #30
slippy
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.mitten View Post
Just got mine in today...would say he's tricky to get into gun mode, but i managed it. Tip for anyone that was as clueless as I was: remove the plastic spacers inside his arm that prevent the arm from locking flush......other than that though he looks good in gun mode.
yeah what's the point of those?

just throw them away or pop them back in robot mode?
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote