Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
bedtime
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Prime Pre-Orders at BBTS - Limited Release

^^^first time orderers need to use a CC they say

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

I'll wait for tru

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
Don't they take PayPal? I thought they did.

I don't care what the packaging says. It's not like the toys are going to be staying long inside of it.
Agreed. I'd be tempted to get them just to avoid the hunt, but at the $40 range to have them shipped, doesn't seem worth it.

Besides, aren't these supposed to hit locally in the next week or so? If we believe the teaser article from Oct. 21, they should be here any day.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #14
snowtech
Robot in Disguise

Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

^^came in here to post this. i'm so fucking relieved not to have to deal with BBTS!

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
Mario/automaton: you guys getting these?
YES! We will upload preorders this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest.

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #17
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

On a side note regarding TF: Prime products:

Actually, the ''rumor'' stating that the first wave will be some kind of exclusives does not emanate from BBTS: I received the same statement directly from our US supplier. We will also advertised those as Limited Releases.

Based on what we know: logic would suggest that those ''first editions'' might be TRU exclusives, since they may not be found elsewhere. But it's all speculation at this time. From that standpoint, this special first wave can be considered as special collectibles.

About the quantity available for some figures: Hasbro does not give us, smaller retailers, any gifts. On the contrary. The breakdown of their cases assortments is more and more atrocious with time passing. Hasbro is generally targeting mainstream large surface stores (TRU, WalMart, etc) with their products, not the smaller indenpendent retailers.

In order to offer their products to our customers, we must buy the solid cases they offer as they are. We cannot ''hand-pick'' and make our own assortment or order more of a particular figure over another.

As a businessman, I'm not willing to buy dozens and dozens of Bumblebees or Primes(that will collect dust) in order to have about the third (or fourth!) in quantity of highly sought after figures. (Ex. 4 BBs per case of 8, and 1X, 2Y, 1Z figure).

Basically, it's a way for Hasbro to create chase figures. With retailers supporting the duplicated figures in the process. Probably not such a huge issue for giants like Walmart , Zellers or TRU...but to us? You got the picture.

Because of the eventual dozens of BB or Prime that will collecting dust on our shelves, we must cut down our quantities ordered. Otherwise, forget about Hasbro products at Automaton. 80 BBs for 20 Arcees?
Well...

That's exactly what happened back in the day with RTS Jazz and RTS Tracks: those 2 came within solid cases with Mindset (repaint/major shelfwarmer) and Fallback (idem). Hard to respond to the real demand from the customers with such an assortment.

So, oddly enough, stocking Hasbro products can be a true challenge sometimes.

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #18
Megatronimus
Beasty

Honestly, the way Hasbro is treating the launch of TFP line is baffling. Releasing the toys months after season 1 has aired and ended. Releasing limited figures. Limiting the outlets. And saving a wide release until March of next year? Has this happened before?
Megatronimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #19
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
Honestly, the way Hasbro is treating the launch of TFP line is baffling. Releasing the toys months after season 1 has aired and ended. Releasing limited figures. Limiting the outlets. And saving a wide release until March of next year? Has this happened before?
Yes. With Animated.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:19 AM   #20
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatronimus View Post
Yes. With Animated.
Yeah. And look how well that turned out. You'd think Hasbro would have learned their lesson.

Seems like they're forgetting their own formula. The ONLY reason there is a Transformers Prime cartoon is so they can better sell toys based on the characters in the show. That has been their scheme since G1. Kids won't care about the toys if they don't see the show, or at least new episodes, on TV. It's mind boggling that Hasbro has been sitting on these figure this long. Remember, these were originally slated to be released in/or along side Generations. That was months ago!

And just like what happened with Animated, it's probably all just to squeeze a few more drops from that movie cash cow.