Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #2421
ImNotThePro
XBL - Im Not The Pro
ImNotThePro's Ebay Auctions
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Damn good prices thanks!
ImNotThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #2422
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Hey guys, just throwing this out there. My FOC Bruticus "Fruiticus" set is up for sale. PM me if interested.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #2423
venksta
Render Project Creations

So we seem to have a a good amount of core posters in this thread. However, I feel we're not really tight nit as a community of collectors as other places have the privilege of having. So I was wondering, with Metrocon no more, how many of you would like to try and have our own community meet ups every 3-4 months? I'd like it to take place away from any stores, so there is no conflict of interest. It'd basically be like the first two Metrocons. Just show up and hang out, bring stuff to trade or sell, show off customs and art, and get to know each other.

Collectors down in Seattle and LA do something very similar. From what I've seen, it looks really fun and not much planning involved for the organizer.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #2424
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
So we seem to have a a good amount of core posters in this thread. However, I feel we're not really tight nit as a community of collectors as other places have the privilege of having. So I was wondering, with Metrocon no more, how many of you would like to try and have our own community meet ups every 3-4 months? I'd like it to take place away from any stores, so there is no conflict of interest. It'd basically be like the first two Metrocons. Just show up and hang out, bring stuff to trade or sell, show off customs and art, and get to know each other.

Collectors down in Seattle and LA do something very similar. From what I've seen, it looks really fun and not much planning involved for the organizer.

Any thoughts?
No more Metrocons? Did I miss something?

Are the reasons we stopped having community meetups before no longer valid? Has all the bad feeling and negativity gone away?

If there is food involved I'm sure I will consider it

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 04-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #2425
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I'm down with this idea! It would be nice to put a couple faces to some usernames, I still don't know most of the people here locally.

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #2426
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
No more Metrocons? Did I miss something?

Are the reasons we stopped having community meetups before no longer valid? Has all the bad feeling and negativity gone away?

If there is food involved I'm sure I will consider it
The two of us organizing Metrocon are moving on to something bigger for TF fans. We won't be announcing the show for a couple months. But it will be posted here once we can reveal the details.

And yes, food will be found at the purposed meet up.

I think before Metrocon and the Gotham meet ups, there hadn't really been any other TF meet ups open to a larger crowd. I would say, the original A3U meet ups back at Metrotown probably was the last ones, before the recent ones I've been involved with. We are slowly building a bigger community here, so I really would like to see something happen.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #2427
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:

Any thoughts?
I'm down since I missed the last 2 Metrocon's, it would give me more opportunities to meet up and nerd it up instead of having to wait for another 'Con.

Also, I just returned from my vacation and picked up 3 FOC Kickback (sorry not for sale, army building)... Couldn't pick up any more as I didn't have any luggage space.

BTW... Finally got Transformers Legends for iPhone... Anyone playing please add "vohkuhl"

Last edited by vohkuhl; 04-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
vohkuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #2428
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

I could be down, depending on when and where.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #2429
g loonie
Generation 2

^ditto
g loonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:48 PM   #2430
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I'm up for it (also depending on date/time and location).

I don't think many of us are using the Vancouver TF collector social group now since we started this thread. Many of us were talking about ideas on non-TF related events since we also have a lot of different interests other than TF and toys.

I used to offer moving screening passes but I don't get many movie passes these days.