Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #611
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Dealling with People on Kijiji.... My head Explodes

Giving a rebate sort of sounds like admitting you overcharged. It's a nice gesture though. Hopefully it doesn't cost you to send $6. It really seems petty and hardly worth it, especially after the deal is done.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #612
Grimtron
Generation 2

This is a tough situation to read. On one hand he did agree to the 25 usd flat rate shipping, but on the other hand he saw on the packaging it only cost 20$ to ship, so the buyer probably felt like you were over charging for shipping. As a buyer I would be unhappy if a seller charged 25 usd (33 cad) for shipping when it was only 20 cad and I saw the shipping price as well, but at the same time I agreed to the flat rate. I assume he only ask for 10$ back because the buyer felt 3 cad was fair enough to cover shipping supplies and stuff. It really is a tough read, since you technically did overcharge on shipping 33 cad when it was really 20 cad.

Sucks that the buyer can see how much shipping was, cause they can tell if you overcharge on shipping, might want to consider not using the flat rate if you can get a good shipping estimate.

What done is done, just be diplomatic when responding to any feedback and it may be risky to open an ebay or paypal dispute. This might go either way.

But this is all my opinion anyway.
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:59 PM   #613
CdnCollector420
BladeBot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Was riding the Nemisis to Cybertron space bridge on Tuesday. You, carrying the big black fusion cannon. Me, sleek sexy ninja plate armor. I didn't say anything on account I have no mouth, but our eyes met, and I swear I saw a spark of red energon between us. Wanted to come over and say something, but again, no mouth. But did I miss something? Should I have just poked you with my sai or at least rubbed my sword on your fusion cannon to just see what would happen? It's lonely being the first of your kind. Call me.

-N. Bird.

Hahahahahaha.... That's awesome!

My Sales Thread - http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=59169

My Feedback thread - http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=52730
CdnCollector420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:54 PM   #614
joshimus
Metroplex

I gave him 6.00 back. See what happens. If it's not positive feedback, I'll fire back. Tis what it is and sometimes a good gesture isn't enough for some people. :/
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:23 AM   #615
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Having bought various things through ebay ect.. over the years and have have paid shipping charges, especially from the USA, and once received the parcel the shipping on the box was less then half of what they charged. I chalked it up to "the cost of doing business". The seller had to take the time to package it, then run to the post office and then run back home and send me an email with all the info. So yeah I was kinda bummed that they made money off the shipping, but you kinda have to expect that.
Anyhoo, I think by sending him that refund that you kinda admitted you felt guilty and gave in. If I were in your position I would have had a "too bad, so sad" attitude. He agreed to the shipping up front. Ah well, just my 2 cents.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #616
xbrawn
Banned

You know what annoys me? Someone low balling by half on kijiji, then gets told price is firm and comes back with increments of 5 bucks.

Ie a retail toy at 35 offered for 30, guy offers 15, told no price is firm, then 20 etc...
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #617
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Anyhoo, I think by sending him that refund that you kinda admitted you felt guilty and gave in. If I were in your position I would have had a "too bad, so sad" attitude. He agreed to the shipping up front. Ah well, just my 2 cents.
It's not that I feel guilty about it, in all honesty after 2 sets of ebay fees and paypal fees, you don't make much as it is. Also, I still pay a fee on that 25usd S&H. It was a gesture on my part to meet half way where I really do not have to.

I'm starting to feel bad for me for even doing anything at all for this SOB.

From him after I asked for his Paypal email:
"Hey go to our transaction on eBay or in PayPal, and click refund, partial refund. I can't send email address over eBay messaging. It's not allowed not matter how to you write the address."

So I went to Paypal and only saw refund and nothing about partial refund. Either way I wasn't gonna search for partial if I could just send the money and be done with this person thought I am wondering if he was hoping I would do a full refund by accident. I also know for a 1000% fact that you can send your email address through ebay. I used Paypal to find his but I am not regretting doing anything at all for this jackass.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #618
python
Alternator

Quote:
So I went to Paypal and only saw refund and nothing about partial refund. Either way I wasn't gonna search for partial if I could just send the money and be done with this person thought I am wondering if he was hoping I would do a full refund by accident. I also know for a 1000% fact that you can send your email address through ebay. I used Paypal to find his but I am not regretting doing anything at all for this jackass.
First - no you cannot send an email through Ebay - they cut it out unless your smart and used "I am Joshamus1982 and I use hotmail"..

Onto the important part - go to seller's corner:

More Actions
View Paypal Transaction
Issue a Refund
Refund Account - enter 6.00
Write a short note
Continue
Complete

A partial refund is anything less than the default amount of the transaction.

My rule: If you paid for shipping and I make money - too bad - I packed it with bubble wrap, put it in a sturdy box, took it to the Post Office, possibly waited in line. If you over charge me and I see it and you clearly did the above - I say nothing.

Put it in a box without protection and toss an address on it - I will screw you - especially if you falsified the item.

I have had three people try me - I have not refunded anything. One left me neutral - the other two tried a case and both lost to me.

I have gone after two people - I won both cases. In both cases I got full refunds for everything, when all I asked for is partial shipping. One charged me $50 for shipping two figures, and then tossed them in a shoebox. The other listed MOSC for all items, and two were open and missing instructions. $60 in shipping and no protection. I feel a little for the first guy, but the second had it coming.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #619
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by python View Post
First - no you cannot send an email through Ebay - they cut it out unless your smart and used "I am Joshamus1982 and I use hotmail"..

Onto the important part - go to seller's corner:

More Actions
View Paypal Transaction
Issue a Refund
Refund Account - enter 6.00
Write a short note
Continue
Complete

A partial refund is anything less than the default amount of the transaction.

My rule: If you paid for shipping and I make money - too bad - I packed it with bubble wrap, put it in a sturdy box, took it to the Post Office, possibly waited in line. If you over charge me and I see it and you clearly did the above - I say nothing.

Put it in a box without protection and toss an address on it - I will screw you - especially if you falsified the item.

I have had three people try me - I have not refunded anything. One left me neutral - the other two tried a case and both lost to me.

I have gone after two people - I won both cases. In both cases I got full refunds for everything, when all I asked for is partial shipping. One charged me $50 for shipping two figures, and then tossed them in a shoebox. The other listed MOSC for all items, and two were open and missing instructions. $60 in shipping and no protection. I feel a little for the first guy, but the second had it coming.
I've never had issues with people responding to my ebay message with their email, including recently as well.
I also just had a US bidder win an item and my flat rate was 45.00 usd cause I had no idea how much it would cost to ship but past experience has been really pricey. It was a fair bit cheaper when I mailed it out even in CAD so I gave him a partial refund on freight as well because I made too much on that. I was very surprised by it.
When I sent him a message off Ebay he responded with his email address which is the same as his original payment email was. Worked fine. So, not really sure why you guys aren't getting emails from people. -\_(oo)_/-
I've had email information come through many times for off-site ebay sales that I ended up meeting with locally.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #620
chans formers
raff ow roud

had to share this in the proper place and not hijack another members sales thread.
this was originally shared by fellow member pgianos.....
I was composed until I read the part of it "only being able to be ordered by him(the tool of a seller) as they will only sell it to vendors with vendor numbers"....I literally lol'd!!!!!

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showp...3&postcount=20

@pgianos,thanks for putting a smile on my face today