Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 04-12-2017, 12:48 AM   #71
Xtreme987
Metroplex
Re: Half Price Titan Returns Voyagers at Toys R Us Canada April 7-16

Don't know if any1 else mentioned it yet in this thread, but I think it helps when pricematching at Walmart to go directly to Customer Service to do it. This way your not really rushing the cashier when there's other people waiting behind you to cash out. It worked for me a few times anyway.

EDIT - I'm actually going to try it again @ Walmart with the TR Broadside I bought a couple weeks ago tomorrow.
I'm also going to try & price-adjust my TR Topspin @ TRU. Wish me luck. LoL

EDIT - Success @ both TRU & Walmart. Got back about $21 for the two figures. Sweet.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 04-13-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #72
Laquah
Machine War

Yep!
Showed Walmart the prices on my phone and BOOM $15 Broadside and $15 Triggerhappy!

=Laquahhappy

Now if only Wallyworld way out here would get TopSpin
Laquah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #73
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Don't know if any1 else mentioned it yet in this thread, but I think it helps when pricematching at Walmart to go directly to Customer Service to do it. This way your not really rushing the cashier when there's other people waiting behind you to cash out. It worked for me a few times anyway.

EDIT - I'm actually going to try it again @ Walmart with the TR Broadside I bought a couple weeks ago tomorrow.
I'm also going to try & price-adjust my TR Topspin @ TRU. Wish me luck. LoL

EDIT - Success @ both TRU & Walmart. Got back about $21 for the two figures. Sweet.

I've found that to be my best option, as well. Directly to customer service. It's usually simpler, and if they give you hassle, it's easier to take your time, make your case, or just ask for a higher up. Hell, one time I had two different CS reps give me flack until finally the assistant manager came by, looked at my info, and said "yep, give him the price."

Showing them the items on your phone from TRU site if you can helps as well.

I mean, they're just doing their jobs, but sometimes I really don't understand how intense WalMart folks get. Like, they have a policy, and they're power tripping over it. Also, half the time I know their policy better than they do. "It's not the exact item." "It's the assortment and price point. It's literally this. It's on the receipt. Here's the flyer. Here's the website. DO YOU KNOW NOT HOW TOYS WORK. OR ALMOST EVERYTHING IN YOUR STORE. I'M A THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN GETTING TOYS PRICEMATCHED. I KNOW HOW THIS WORKS."

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #74
CanBot
Cybertron

I can say I regret not picking up Astrotrain for 13 bux plus tax

Mainly because while I knew I'd be interested in Octane (I refuse to call him by his Japanese name, much like Shockwave), I didn't realize I'd really want the upcoming Blitzwing as much as I do.

I haven't had as much hankering for main line product since...well, ever. Those three would look great on the shelf. They fall completely out of my scope of collection, though. Can't just get Blitzwing without Astrotrain, right?

They know how to get me in, those bastards.