Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 01-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
Fiend6669
TransformersMuseumCurator
Fiend6669's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Skype™ to Fiend6669
Re: Panel Suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
I'd think I'd want you to be in the panel.... I still have to work out the sort of topics...Yet. I did start just been busy with other things, and this weekend was a right pita. got nothing I wanted to do done.
I'm honored by your suggestion and I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really comfortable being in the spotlight, on a stage, on camera, or even having my picture taken. Yes, I'm a goof and love clowning around, but that only extends to doing so with very small clusters of people around, as I clam up and fade into the background when there are more than just a few.
Sorry about that... 😥

Fiend6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #12
zackmak
Robot Master

Suggestion for 2017 TFcon panel: how to take care of your transformers (eg. storing, displaying away from light; correcting yellowing; chrome wear; fixing broken items; cleaning them; sticker residue, etc, etc.)
zackmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:16 AM   #13
Gumby
Beasty
Re: Panel Suggestions

That's actually a great idea for a panel, Zackmak!
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #14
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
Suggestion for 2017 TFcon panel: how to take care of your transformers (eg. storing, displaying away from light; correcting yellowing; chrome wear; fixing broken items; cleaning them; sticker residue, etc, etc.)
I have some figures I want to bring that would cover the crap that UV does to figures. I actually have my collection in a great display.

I would need to find 2 others or three others who would be willing to talk as well as I am no expert in collecting, just my personal experience.

I feel also covering recording, storing of parts and instructions as well as coding things might be benefit.

anyone want to work with me, my email is in the footer of starscream.ca or my line id is 3s-sunstar. I can also be found in IRC - irc.technoized.com:6669 channel #dc or /type msg starscream hello from cybertron.ca so I know who you are.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #15
zackmak
Robot Master

Quote:
Any update on panel topics yet for 2017?
Old 07-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #16
zackmak
Robot Master

Just saw the tentative panel info on the TFcon 2017 Event Schedule....nothing too extravagant, though the 'Why Do We Enjoy The Toy?" panel seems interesting.

Disappointed there wasn't a panel on the previous suggestions of ways of taking care of your transformers (see above post). It's definitely a popular topic all around the internet. I've gone to every TFcon since the beginning, but I don't ever recall TFcon doing this type of panel in all the years they've been around.

Strange. Definitely due!!!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #17
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Just saw the tentative panel info on the TFcon 2017 Event Schedule....nothing too extravagant, though the 'Why Do We Enjoy The Toy?" panel seems interesting.

Disappointed there wasn't a panel on the previous suggestions of ways of taking care of your transformers (see above post). It's definitely a popular topic all around the internet. I've gone to every TFcon since the beginning, but I don't ever recall TFcon doing this type of panel in all the years they've been around.

Strange. Definitely due!!!
If no one is interested in running the panel it's hard for it to happen.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #18
Fiend6669
TransformersMuseumCurator
Fiend6669's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Skype™ to Fiend6669

I'm sorry I can't do it, but I'm just not comfortable being a public speaker. I just get overheated and shut down completely when placed in front of large groups of people.

Fiend6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:24 AM   #19
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend6669 View Post
I'm sorry I can't do it, but I'm just not comfortable being a public speaker. I just get overheated and shut down completely when placed in front of large groups of people.
No apology necessary, mon ami.
Nobody's compelled to do anything they're uncomfortable with; you're still allowed to give ideas for panels.

Of course, all interested parties should see what is required and who can do what. Some who don't want the spotlight can come up with design content; others can prepare the PowerPoint presentation.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:13 AM   #20
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

"The Toy Lines Used to Create the Transformers Brand" is my panel for this year. 11 am Sunday. Early!
Not the title I wanted but hey, whatever.
I'll talk more about it later but for now I can say that it's probably not going to be what you think it is. It's going to be 1 billion times cooler!

Sayonara.