Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #141
BeeBoy29
Alternator
Re: (SPOILERS ALLOWED) Transformers RoTF Your Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
So if the Fallen was one of the original Primes, and only a Prime could kill him, does that mean only a Prime can kill a Prime, and if that is the case, how did Megatron kill Prime?
hmm thts a good point, maybe since prime was a desendant though he was a bit weaker then the original primes? or if megs an OP are true brothers (goin on a whim when optimus called megs his bro in the last movie) they both have prime blood?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #142
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
So if the Fallen was one of the original Primes, and only a Prime could kill him, does that mean only a Prime can kill a Prime, and if that is the case, how did Megatron kill Prime?
Please do not open another Michael Bay's can of worm

He made Megatron like a whimp in this installment he might as well leave him down @ the Laurentian Abyss. Fallen is running the whole gangs anyway, really. The last battle is like a mess (e.g. he put anonymous Con's in just to fill the screen). And, the experimental rail gun trashed Devastator in one shot? Give me a break. Not to mention the story sux and plot holes are big enough to run trains through them. But for some reason I enjoyed it. I guess I parked my brain somewhere else before I walked in the IMAX room. I will probably get the Blu-ray just for the effects, etc.

(I do like his "The Rock" though... dunno why )

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #143
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Or maybe only a Prime can kill the Fallen in particular?

Anyway, this movie kicked ass. I love dthe twins, I loved Jetfire, Prime was awesoem every second he was on teh screen, Bumblebee was great, Megatron and Starscream were perfect, the plot was actually good, and every action scene was pure epic.

And yeah, Megs stabbing Prime through the chest and blowing a five-foot hole through him: deffinition of whimpy.

Yeah, now I remember why I don't come around here.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #144
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I'm just curious, for those who didn't enjoy the movie, did you like the first one? And in general, do you like Michael Bay movies?
I generally don't judge a movie by the director. I judge it by how it tells the story whether it's an artsy film or a bing bam BOOM popcorn movie. Some of the Bay movies I really liked were The Rock and Bad Boys. I even liked Armagedon, I'm not sure why, but I just do. I went in knowing what type of movies Bay makes.

One of the things that this movie fails in is logic. I'm not talking about the logic of is it logical for there to be giant living robots. I'm talking about internal movie logic. The logic self contained within a movie. Things have to be explained in the movie so the audience doesn't get confused. If the audence gets confused, it's a sign that maybe something hasn't been explained or explained properly. (Eg the multiple constructicon clones.) Which is a sign of flawed film making. There are a boat load of things that just don't make sense if you stop and think 2 seconds about it. And for those who say that if you read the comics or any of the other stuff it explains everything, I say I shouldn't have to. The movie should make sense on its own without having to read other things to allow it to make sense.

I mean the thing with the primes, it barely makes any sense at all. They make this tomb with their bodies by sacrificing themselves. BUT WHY? Their bodies didn't make the tomb any harder to get into. Nor did it make it harder to find because somebody sure found it and built a temple over it. Then Bumblebee's able to get in with one blast from his cannon. What a bunch of dumb Primes. They would have been better off if they just ran off somewhere and hid with it. Also, if they didn't sacrifice themselves in that act of stupidity, we wouldn't have that problem of only one prime left to kill the joke of a villian, The Fallen.

Which brings me to ask, why does he hate the humans so much? Is he holding a 17000 year grudge because some ape-man threw a rock at him once? It's like get over it, The Fallen. It's been 17000yrs. Go find another sun to drain you giant space cockroach.

And FYI I did like the movie. The opening sequence had my jaw on the floor. But I'm just not willing to turn a blind eye to obvious flaws and accept that they couldn't make a better movie.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #145
Magnimus
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
And FYI I did like the movie. The opening sequence had my jaw on the floor. But I'm just not willing to turn a blind eye to obvious flaws and accept that they couldn't make a better movie.
I'm with you on all of your points.

Also, can anyone explain to me where the Fallen was during the first movie and where the hell Megatron flies off to where he Starscream, and the Fallen all meet up. Is that another planet? Is that a ship or a city?

Was The Fallen calling the shots during the first movie? Megatron makes no mention of a master in the first movie -- he seems to be the ruler of Cybertron and needs the Allspark -- but suddenly he's somebody's minion. Bwarghl!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #146
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
I'm with you on all of your points.

Also, can anyone explain to me where the Fallen was during the first movie and where the hell Megatron flies off to where he Starscream, and the Fallen all meet up. Is that another planet? Is that a ship or a city?

Was The Fallen calling the shots during the first movie? Megatron makes no mention of a master in the first movie -- he seems to be the ruler of Cybertron and needs the Allspark -- but suddenly he's somebody's minion. Bwarghl!
You know what the problem is about that? In the real world the writers had not even planned this script yet, they had no idea whether or not a sequel was even going to be made, so why would they incorporate characters and events from RotF in the first film?

You can't go to see this movie and then start overanalyzing everything that was explained in the first movie, because really there is no logical way to even attempt to connect up with why such and such did this, or why they didn't just go get the Matrix, or why Megatron wasn't supplicating before this Fallen character.

This is the only real flaw in the movie, that the audience is going back and asking such questions. It makes no sense to even attempt such a thing, it would be far easier to consider this as a sort of stand alone episode akin to the old G1 cartoon then trying to shoehorn logical progressions of why the Decepticons acted one way and didn't just do this in the first place.

The writers wrote their story for #1 then once it took off with unparalleled success Hasbro approached them to do a sequel. We as the audience are no given alarger picture to consider, but the characters in the movie don't know half of what we know. So the reason why the Fallen wasn't in the first movie, why the Decepticons weren't after the Matrix, etc, etc... is simply because the AllSpark was still intact, Starscream's crew were solely focused on reclaiming the AllSpark and returning it to Cybertron. Once the AllSpark was destroyed and Megatron killed they had no choice but to go swear allegiance to the Fallen and start working for his grand plan. Which was to locate the Matrix in order to find a new source of Energon, or rather create a new source of Energon.

The Matrix could be retroactively said to have always been there, but Starscream and his group were unaware of it until they were forced to join up with the Fallen. Meanwhile the Fallen's seekers were still busy probably searching for the Matrix off camera. Which ever ones were still online. So even when Starscream and the others started with their grand plan by attacking the military base and then Air Force One they chose not to intercede or contact Starscream because they were programmed for one purpose and one purpose only.

As for why they didn't just go get the AllSpark to get the map to get the Matrix, Sector Seven was fully active at the time and highly agressive towards anything Cybertronian. It would have jeapordized their cover to just waltz in blowing shit up and trying to get their hands on something they couldn't really be sure to find because remember the dam covered up the signal of the AllSpark cube until recent events prior to the first film. Or at least I think it was something like that, I'd have to re-watch it to be 100% sure on just when the signal finally breached the dam.
Still the Seekers aren't about to risk anything, especially since back in the 1800s-early 1900s the technology they had access to was primitive, even their alt modes were primitive. The armor on Ransack or the Model T guy was probably less difficult to get through. Or even if they were up to snuff, it would still compromize their goals, which would then cause the Fallen to rant and rave at them, plus they probably had limited resources and manpower due to the level of Energon they had access to. Remember without the AllSpark they can't restore dead bots.

Anyway, I think my post is just being complex for the sake of complex. The fact of the matter is, until the script was started for RotF, The Fallen, the Primes, the Matrix and everything else introduced in the sequel did not actually exist. To then go and start questioning every decision made during the first film with the second films revelations is like trying to take the Beast Wars and applying the Unicron Trilogy revelations to that series. Like maybe the Maximals and Predacons are really Mini-Cons and the Autobots are sill out there. Or why didn't Optimus Primal just powerlinx with Rattrap and beat the tar out of Megatron. Or something equally preposterous and illogical.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #147
Magnimus
Alternator

Maybe all the confusing inconsistencies and double appeareances of characters or the unexplained return of characters seen to be dead (I'm still not convinced that Blackout is really Grindor. I mean, come on) are ALL ONE BIG HOMAGE!

Yeah, it's just a huge budget reference to all the animation errors in the original G1 show and '86 movie!

They did it for the fans!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #148
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Yeah, now I remember why I don't come around here.
Yeah as in every single day.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:56 PM   #149
JaySmith
Banned
JaySmith's Ebay Auctions

I'm definitely glad to see that I wasn't the only one whom was horribly, horribly confused by alot of this second film.
JaySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #150
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
You know what the problem is about that? In the real world the writers had not even planned this script yet, they had no idea whether or not a sequel was even going to be made, so why would they incorporate characters and events from RotF in the first film?

This is the only real flaw in the movie, that the audience is going back and asking such questions. It makes no sense to even attempt such a thing, it would be far easier to consider this as a sort of stand alone episode akin to the old G1 cartoon then trying to shoehorn logical progressions of why the Decepticons acted one way and didn't just do this in the first place.
I'll tell you why...cause it's a sequel ? They should have moulded ROTF coming off of the first movie and rolled from there. There is plenty you can go with from that movie to make 2 more films from it.

Was J.K. Rowling aware there was going to be follow up books to the first Harry Potter novel ? No. Do the books/movies flow together anyways...yes ! She never added another element to her story that couldn't be explained from the other books...Why can't ROTF follow the same outline, like 99.99% of movies do ???

The writers have a responsibility to do their best to incorporate the previous movie's script and go from there. You can't make a sequel like the one just made and work it so it raises this many questions, and this many holes in the story. You continue the story from the first movie and go from there. Don't add elements that have a back story and fill in holes that never existed...

I've enjoyed most of Michael Bay's movies and I know what to expect from them. I don't have a problem with his directing, I have a problem with the story as many others do. I enjoyed the first film immensely, and one reason was because it had a story. ROTF did not.

But.

As much as I enjoy Bay's films...shouldn't a director expand his abilities as a director over time ? Camon he uses the same damn camera angles and tricks in every movie...the stupid 360 through key holes thing is getting really stupid.

My opinion of this movie follows the exact same criteria I use for every movie I watch, and when I spend my hard earned EI money from the governenment () I expect to see a script that tells a story, not a bunch of short stories that barely weave together. M.B. did his job...the writers did not !
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote