Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
Coralle
Crocheticon
Re: food for thought a transformer problem?

You've already recognized there is a problem. That's a step in the right direction. It can be tough, but you don't have to deal with this alone. I agree with shockwave555 in that getting help is a good course of action.

If you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to send me a PM, okay?

(♡ยด∀`♡) He's chubbly and wubbly and like two scoops of ice cream!
Coralle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #12
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I... I don't know what to say. Listen to the folks here, they've got the right idea.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
joshimus
Metroplex

Property Taxes, food, clothes, bills or toys...Yup, toys go on hold.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #14
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

So are you becoming homless due to a problem with Transformers?

Buying more than you can afford? Spent rent money on Transformers? Gotten yourself into serious debt because of it.

Collecting can become an addiction just like any other drug. If your life Is suffering because of it, I seriously suggest you leave the hobby if you cannot manage it properly.

In the end a roof over your head is far more important than a storage room full of plastic items. Are you renting a storage unit and you cannot pay rent now, are you going to be able to pay rent on your storage unit? You could end up losing everything if you are unable to pay rent on that.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #15
justprime
Animated

I totally understand your addition, been close at one point or another and it really is a hard to choose the right path when you become so intangled,... most here will not understand how it can go this far, the simple answer is a reaction from people who are on the outside looking in,.. if it was that simple it wouldn't be a problem.... but it is an additiction no less than any other.... one becomes dependent on, professional help is the direction to go in, support from friends, family and community also helps greatly to change the current coarse.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
Commandoclone87
Seeker

I've got to agree with the others. If you can sell your collection, do so if it means the difference between being homeless and having a roof over your head.

Sadly I also do realize that unless you can find an interested buyer, a collection the size of yours will unlikely sell with enough time left to make any difference or if it does, the amount you'll get will be to little to help.

Were you renting a place and just missed the rent or is this a home being foreclosed on?
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

It can become an addiction just like gambling or alcohol or drugs. The important part is setting your priorities and your limits, and not going too far. But I think everyone here agrees with you on that.

But let's turn this into a more helpful thread. A number of people here have gone through financial problems of varying types, maybe even including bankruptcy for some of us. If you feel like giving us details, maybe people can suggest things that worked for them, and that might be helpful for you.

Like what Commandoclone87 asked up above. Is this a case of a foreclosure, or did you get behind on rent, or do you not have enough income to keep renting where you are. Are you out of work? People might be able to suggest some help for you, depending on your situation.

We've pointed out there is a problem, now let's all try and help with advice.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Very good posts here. If your hobby (whatever it may be) is starting to cause issues with the basics of life, it is time to re-think the hobby.

I also wonder about the storage unit. If you cannot afford a roof over your head, your toys should not get one.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
dbao123
Banned

"my name is alternatorfan and i'm a tf addict," round of applause
dbao123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

If any hobby or habit reaches such a destructive level then it is almost certainly a symptom of a mental health problem. You almost certainly need to seek medical help in such a situation as you could well be suffering from an undiagnosed depression or compulsive disorder.

As a Canadian you can get such medical help at no cost. Please do not succumb to the social stigmas around mental illness - start by talking to a doctor. If you don't have one, look for an urgent care clinic or call telehealth.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote