Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
Lord Starscream
Generation 1
ROTF Matrix Replica REVIEW

The Matrix of Leadership Replica from The Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen
Back in September I was browsing one of my favorite webs sites The Replica Prop Forum Movie Props, Costumes and Scale Models | the RPF

I am always looking to add to my Collection of Transformers and Movie props that I have been collecting over the years.
I currently own 3 replica vehicles from The Transformers Movie – the 1977 Bumblebee Camaro (AKA Beaterbee), 2010 Bumblebee Camaro, and Barricade The Saleen Police Car http://www.Facebook.com/transformerscars

While on the site, I came upon a forum posting by Markpoon asking about interest if he was to build a replica 1:1 scale of the movie prop
- The Matrix of Leadership - This prop was from the 2nd Transformers Movie - Revenge of the Fallen

In Transformers Revenge of the Fallen – Sam is uploaded with a overload of vital knowledge when he is exposed to one of the shards of the All Spark Cube
This new found knowledge sends Sam and his alliance on a quest to find The Matrix of Leadership. To restore life to Optimus Prime who was mortally wounded while protecting Sam from Megatron. To also prevent The Decepticons and The Fallen from obtaining the Matrix to power the Solar Harvester .

The preview pics that were posted of the Matrix were quite intriguing and I was quick to show my interest. But I was just one of the hundreds of persons that had shown interest in Markpoon amazing creative work of art.

I was offer the early purchase of The Matrix prop for the very reasonable cost of $135.00 which is available in two different finishes- a Pristine new shiny finish, or a Weathered aged finish.
These two choices of finishes will leave you with the tuff decisions of what finish to choose from Pristine or Weathered.
Other options offered are:
Blue glow led lighting for $15.00 and the Matrix display stand for $55.00
I would highly recommend both these options as they will defiantly compliment and add value to your collectable investment

The Matrix of Leadership is a amazing 1:1 scale movie prop replica.
A must have prized collectable for The Transformers Fan or Movie Buff
Made from a high quality casting of resin material, it shows great attention to details in the workmanship and design. The Matrix measure’s in at 22” in overall length and at 4 ½” in width

The Pristine finished Matrix is flawlessly applied consisting of a metallic chrome base colour. The shine of the overall finish gives the illusion that this Matrix is made of a alien metal material directly from Cybertron

The Weathered and aged finished Matrix consist of a metallic chrome base colour accented with semi-transparent colours of highlights in purples, golds, greens and bronzes. The details seem more prominent in the Weathered Matrix do to the highlighting

The optional Blue glow led lighting makes The Matrix standout in your collection and the energon glow really catches the eye when you enter your display room. The glow is just the right amount of lighting not too overpowering and accents the finishes of either Matrix. The led light is semi self-contented operating off a small button battery and a micro power switch

The optional display stand is the must have purchase to properly display The Matrix the stand is made of acrylic plastic measuring 131/2” in length and 8” wide with a textured satin black finish with two clear acrylic 3” tall cradles to hold the Matrix securely. The stand is embossed with gold metallic lettering describing your collectable work of art and with the Transformers faction logos

Conclusion
Any Fan of The Transformers franchise or Movie buff will not only appreciate, this unique piece of art. But will also enjoy the opportunity to own The Matrix of Leadership, a key part of The Transformers mythology

Now for the bad news –
I have been told only a limited number of the replica Matrix’s will be produced due to the amount of work involved in creating this fine quality work of art.
The shipping release date should be around the 2nd to 3rd week of February.
There is already a large number of people that have shown interest and have placed pre-orders for The Matrix of Leadership.
So place your order today by contacting: poonwk@starhub.net.sg

Lord Starscream

For more info on these Transformers Cars Check out and LIKE http://www.facebook.com/Transformerscars OR @TRANSFORMERCARS ON TWITTER
Lord Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: ROTF Matrix Replica REVIEW

Thanks for the review.
Never liked this design....really fugly. I really don't consider this a matrix at all....ugh.
thanks for the review though, there are those that will be interested in this thing.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Protoman
The Legend

That's pretty cool actually
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Cool review! Looks really...shiny and stabby. I wonder how Shia was able to fit the granulated equivalent of this into his tube sock. Mass shifting FTW!

Last edited by jjwankenobi; 01-29-2013 at 02:43 PM.
jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Lord Starscream
Generation 1

Thanks for the feedback , all comments are welcome being my first review .

For more info on these Transformers Cars Check out and LIKE http://www.facebook.com/Transformerscars OR @TRANSFORMERCARS ON TWITTER
Lord Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
shabooya
Banned

Great review.
I just can't get behind anything to do with baysformers though...

Thanks for sharing and to each their own.

The reasons that this item just doesn't constitute a matrix of leadership (to me) are the same reasons that I don't consider baysformers transformers.

They are more like go bots or some other glorified knock off.
shabooya is offline   Reply With Quote