Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 12-15-2018, 04:24 AM   #11
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digibasherx View Post
I can't believe how expensive these has been. Funny enough, most of the SS series has been on heavy discount on Amazon. Wonder if we'll see these go on heavy discount on Amazon too, I certainly need a few Cogs.
I doubt it. If people are swallowing them off of shelves, they will never be discounted (similar to the deluxes for POTP). POTP is still pretty much full price on Amazon and in in-store retail.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:52 AM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I doubt it. If people are swallowing them off of shelves, they will never be discounted (similar to the deluxes for POTP). POTP is still pretty much full price on Amazon and in in-store retail.
Didn't the studio series fly off the shelves at first? I mean for a few months there, I never even saw a Grimlock or Blackout out in the wild. But now, they're everywhere.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:34 AM   #13
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Didn't the studio series fly off the shelves at first? I mean for a few months there, I never even saw a Grimlock or Blackout out in the wild. But now, they're everywhere.
Other than Grimlock and Blackout, Studio Series is becoming pretty stale. POTP, on the other hand, is still extremely hard to find. Tons of people still don't have half their Dinobots or any of the Terracons. G1 stuff always sells better than movie stuff.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #14
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorahk View Post
First sale at tru and ultra Magnus is mine!!
But only deluxes and voyagers were spotted.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #15
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
G1 stuff always sells better than movie stuff.
Come on man, Hasbro already stated that was not the case, offering proof:

The reason you see less "G1" is because retailers worry they won't sell and thus order much less than movie product. Of course, when it comes to exclusives, a retailer is stuck getting everything Hasbro made, which explains all the shelfwarming G1 Hot Rod reissues no one is buying.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 12-15-2018 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Come on man, Hasbro already stated that was not the case, offering proof:

The reason you see less "G1" is because retailers worry they won't sell and thus order much less than movie product. Of course, when it comes to exclusives, a retailer is stuck getting everything Hasbro made, which explains all the shelfwarming G1 Hot Rod reissues no one is buying.
Ok, my bad, should have been more clear with what I was trying to say. When I said G1, I didn't mean only the reissues or G1 MP's, I also meant the Transformers that resemble G1 that are included in the Universe and Generations lines as well (for example the G1 style of characters that were in Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes). These lines always sell well because of their nostalgic designs (unlike the movie stuff). Even if retail stocked more of these figures, they would still sell better than anything from the movie line. The chart also does not include the data from the sales of the latest Transformers Generations lines (CW, TR, and POTP).

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-15-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #17
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

The chart includes CW and shows that toys did not sell as much that yeat compared to Age of Extinction.Also Hasbro stated that, in 2015, RID sold better than CW. We do not know if more G1 based items would sell if they stocked more because the they are not ordered as much, so we cant assume that. Also, are all those POTP leader Rodimus Primes toys sold out in your area? Because they are warming the shelves everywhere I go.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:14 AM   #18
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The chart includes CW and shows that toys did not sell as much that yeat compared to Age of Extinction.Also Hasbro stated that, in 2015, RID sold better than CW. We do not know if more G1 based items would sell if they stocked more because the they are not ordered as much, so we cant assume that. Also, are all those POTP leader Rodimus Primes toys sold out in your area? Because they are warming the shelves everywhere I go.
Maybe it does depend on area. Rodimus isn't shelf-warming all that much here in Edmonton (there a few in stores like Walmart and TRU, and besides, that's one figure, what about the rest of the line). This data also seems subjective. RiD has been shelf-warming ever since from what I've seen (and it does not help that these figures never go on sale). When Combiner Wars were in retail, the majority of the deluxes and voyagers, aside from the Combaticons, were always in high demand. As for Age of Extinction, in some very rare cases, I still see some of those figures on clearance at Walmart. The TLK figures are probably the worst in terms of shelf-warming so far, literally clogging up valuable shelf space in every TRU.

Regardless of what the data says, by actually going into stores and seeing what's on the shelf, anything from the movie line is not selling as well as the main line (and from what I've noticed in Edmonton stores, this seems to have been true for at a least a few years now). This is from my point of view, maybe where you live it could be different (but I highly doubt that).

*Also, in terms of G1 inspired toys, I try to avoid putting lines like RiD and Cyberverse into the mix because those toys are definitely aimed more towards kids.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-16-2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:58 PM   #19
Zeusguy
Generation 2

First wave of new line shows up, everyone gobbles it up, people complain that they can't find it anywhere. More wave one shows up, everyone who complained find theirs and are satisfied. More wave one shows up, everyone complains that there's too much wave one product and no room for future waves. Isn't this pretty much par for the course with every toy line ever at this point? These will be everywhere soon enough, unless they've learned from how they used to do things.
Zeusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #20
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

If you have the patience you can always wait for the TRU Hasbro Winter coupon in January (I think the chances of getting it again in ‘19 is pretty good). We always get plenty of the first 2 waves in any given year, esp. if you live in a major city center. Not so much for the last wave. For instance, I have never seen TR Ramhorn or PotP Nova Star in general retail and I hunt for these pretty often (I got both from amazon at the end... still try to find an extra Ramhorn at more or less reasonable price).

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote