Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-10-2021, 11:21 AM   #251
Jonnydark
Beast Machine
Thumbs down Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

I know it's probably not needed at this point but I just hope to warn other buyers. I pre-ordered Studio Series 86 Jazz from NMC Toys. Got the typical run around. Asked for a refund and he kept raising the cancelation fee. He offered store credit and when I accepted he stopped all communications. Didn't get anything. Total scam. That's a tough 40$ lesson to learn.

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:18 PM   #252
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

This is so crazy!

Everytime I read this thread, it's clear that the problems are not bad policies, it's outright fraud.

I hope everyone puts in the effort & time to communicate to their credit companies about each of their situations to get 100% of their money back.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #253
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydark View Post
I know it's probably not needed at this point but I just hope to warn other buyers. I pre-ordered Studio Series 86 Jazz from NMC Toys. Got the typical run around. Asked for a refund and he kept raising the cancelation fee. He offered store credit and when I accepted he stopped all communications. Didn't get anything. Total scam. That's a tough 40$ lesson to learn.
You guys should really head over and leave a review. As it stands, he's got a boat load of new good reviews. I know it sounds petty, but he treated me like such a piece of garbage that it really annoys me to see him jacking up his rating this way. He doesn't deserve it.
One bad review negates 5 fake good ones
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #254
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Since I never dealt with this store I don’t really care either way, but for anyone looking to smite this guy just screen cap the Facebook ad showing that he’s bribing for good reviews, then attach the image to your negative review in Google. It’ll showcase to any potential new customers that the guy is a scam artist. Might even get Google to step in and flag recent good reviews if they’re feeling honest, though that’s a long shot.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 05:35 PM   #255
Robbler
Machine War

I've had some doozy's with this store as well. Orders being forgotten about, a year long delay, sold stuff I had ordered, wouldn't refund it because it had been so long, had to find something else to not have anything tied up with them.

The only positive experience I had was buying a Play Arts FF7 Remake figure that they had in stock. Seems to be a bad place to preorder from, but if you're buying stuff that's readily available it shouldn't be an issue.
Robbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #256
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbler View Post
Seems to be a bad place to preorder from, but if you're buying stuff that's readily available it shouldn't be an issue.
Even if it's readily available, I'd think it's still like playing Russian roulette. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:35 AM   #257
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Wow. I didn't know any of this!

Chances of me ordering from Northern C? 0.000% lol (but actually, it's mostly sad)

DM
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:25 AM   #258
Jonnydark
Beast Machine

Quote:

Hey all. I just wanted to follow up. I opened a PayPal dispute and PayPal ruled in my favour. I got a full refund and a sour letter from NMC. I can't help but feel bad. If his business is legit I was an awful customer. But everything felt off. I had to go with my gut. I genuinely don't know if this guy is a scam or just at the mercy of Covid shipping delays. I guess I just want everyone to make their own call. Trust your gut.

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:40 AM   #259
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Hey all. I just wanted to follow up. I opened a PayPal dispute and PayPal ruled in my favour. I got a full refund and a sour letter from NMC. I can't help but feel bad. If his business is legit I was an awful customer. But everything felt off. I had to go with my gut. I genuinely don't know if this guy is a scam or just at the mercy of Covid shipping delays. I guess I just want everyone to make their own call. Trust your gut.
Nah bro, he was doing this shit before Covid. Don't feel bad.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:01 AM   #260
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Nah bro, he was doing this shit before Covid. Don't feel bad.
Yup. Excuse after after excuse, everybody else's fault, well before covid

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote