Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 11:15 PM   #11
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: Earthrise Cliffjumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
It's better than a lot of the Siege figures.. the whole whining about the back part is no different than Megatron's cannon sword and similar figures, I wish people would get over it already.
"Get over it already" "whining" how about you let people enjoy toys the way they want to, not the way you want to enjoy them oh lord of how we play with our toys!?
Old 04-18-2020, 11:26 PM   #12
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

I don't think I'd say "better than a lot of the Siege figures" - those are pretty great - but despite the partsforming I do love it.

Like, it scratches my Cliffjumper itch pretty well. It's a valid criticism though.

I've seen there's a 3P doing an upgrade kit to make the whole thing integrate though.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #13
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Nice figure, my boy got him for Easter. Hoist is trash, fell off the table and broke . I bitched to Hasbro about the prices and plastics and they are sending a new one. No answer to their changes yet
Old 04-19-2020, 08:11 AM   #14
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
"Get over it already" "whining" how about you let people enjoy toys the way they want to, not the way you want to enjoy them oh lord of how we play with our toys!?

He's entitled to an opinion no less than you. You should get over that and stop whining.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #15
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Detachable backpack aside, CJ to me is like a third party legends class figure with a cheaper price. Wrist swivel, ankle tilts, hinges instead of ball joints, lots of accessory ports (plus accessories) and a flight stand port makes him worlds better than, say, TR Bumblebee. 30$ is a lot, sure, but I can see why it’s more expensive. I like him a lot.

For comparison, I bought Iron Factory’s Racing bros set for 80$ (I think). Super solid figures I really like but they have fewer features and are smaller. So if I’m ok with good figures for 40$ I’m more than okay with a 30$ larger one with more features. But that’s me. And when the budget allows.

Last edited by cr3d1t; 04-19-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2020, 09:23 AM   #16
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

ER Cliffjumper looks a beaut, can't wait to get him once he's on sale for a decent price

I don't super care about the partsforming in theory, but we'll see if that opinion changes once I have him in hand
Old 04-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #17
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
He's entitled to an opinion no less than you. You should get over that and stop whining.
Opinion: Cliffjumper is good or bad.
Not an opinion: People who don't like this toy are wrong.

So grow up and don't tell people to stop whining when they don't like something that you like. It's a toy, we can all like and dislike whatever we want, buy DO NOT tell people how to think. That is awful childish behaviour.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #18
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
Opinion: Cliffjumper is good or bad.
Not an opinion: People who don't like this toy are wrong.

So grow up and don't tell people to stop whining when they don't like something that you like. It's a toy, we can all like and dislike whatever we want, buy DO NOT tell people how to think. That is awful childish behaviour.
HI kettle.. how about stopping calling the pot black.

People that whine constantly over "partforming" over and over, are whining as they believe that the toy is less for it.

I didn't state anything about being wrong or not, just that it's really gotten old.

There is hundreds or not thousands of TFs that require parts to be removed for transformation, yet, the same that whine about CJ would probably consider some of these other ones to be sent by God...

When all you see over and over again the same thing about a figure that is actually excellent, but as ALL TFs, there's always something that could have been better.

In this case, the pros of the figure outweigh the issue of a part that needs to be moved.

The fact is that most that have gotten this figure are enjoying it quite fine, those that repeat the whine over and over, most probably don't have it, haven't had it in hand.

So keep the "grow up" to yourself, and move on to better things.

I've stated my opinion about the toy, and recommend it, despite any flaws some can't get over.

I don't like ER Starscream and will not get it, and stated my opinion clearly on that and my points about it, and people can do what they will about it, and either get it and enjoy it, or not get it and await a new version.

You're the one using word like "wrong" and "childish"... you might be offended that I stated that I wish people would get over it as it's a very common design for a LOT of toys, and maybe get off the bandwagon to feel part of a group that stomps their chest... I prefer to be direct.

And you are the one that couldn't move pass it and feeding this now argument... just get over it, move on... as I will stick to my "opinion" and nothing you can whine about will change that.

There's better things for you to do than "argue and try to be righteous" in a toy forum.

I'm done with this, thank you and have a good pandemic time!
Old 04-19-2020, 12:43 PM   #19
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
ER Cliffjumper looks a beaut, can't wait to get him once he's on sale for a decent price

I don't super care about the partsforming in theory, but we'll see if that opinion changes once I have him in hand
Doesn't bother me in the slightest but YMMV. Frankly I also think it's clever how it pegs into his fists for car mode.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
Old 04-19-2020, 01:06 PM   #20
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
It's pretty crazy how the tallest deluxes are only about a head shorter than any given voyager. You mentioned Spinister, and I'd add Ironhide/Ratchet/Crosshairs, Impactor, and Hoist to that list. There's a lot of variation at the deluxe scale.

So far I'm seeing very divided opinions on CJ. One thing that struck me is, his design has a lot in common with 3P MP takes on Cliffjumper, using MP-21 Bumblebee as a template. They look like they'd be around the same size, too.

EDIT: Google tells me CJ is about 10 cm tall, so still shorter than MP-21.
Another collect posted a side-by-side comparison, MP-21 is a good head+ taller than ER Cliffjumper. So yeah they don't match up at all.

ANNNNYWAYYYYYY if partsforming bothers you in anyway, well, I don't really share that perspective depending on how it's executed. One of my other TF friends said similar to cr3d1t --- Cliff is almost on par with an $80 3p version of the dude. He looks fantastic. Even though we will obviously get a bumblebee out of the mold, it's one of the rare times --- only times --- Cliff has been really given a terrific toy that isn't just a lazy Bee with a new head. He has Cliffjumper's car mode and profile, but Bee's with slightly different horns. It's the best Cliff ever in generations.

He's more worth the $30 than half of siege deluxes IMO.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
Closed Thread