Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Taking advantage of others

So, browsing Ebay a little while ago and saw this:

In these times that we're living in and people are still doing this shit. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. These are clearly in stock at stores, but because people are unable to shop much at all because of the virus, these idiots have to go out, purchase multiples and then scalp the hell out of them. Honestly...

It's a Canadian seller (not going to name them).

This seller is doing the same thing with the Netflix Megatron, selling it at $119.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 04-01-2020 at 08:33 PM.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:56 PM   #2
Northerncrowe
Generation 2
Re: Taking advantage of others

Yeah it sucks. Don't feed the scalpers. But more importantly, don't buy toys now if you are not in a financial position to do so. All these toys can wait until this is resolved, then stores will hold sales to get everyone buying stuff again.

I keep seeing posts by people in the US going on multiple location toy runs. Sit yer butts at home and enjoy what you have. This includes your existing toys and the people you share your life with. If not, we'll be like this for several more months.
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:13 PM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Nothing like this surprises me. Shitty people being shitty. Stupid people being stupid.

But it makes me sigh, because in our efforts to protect those at risk and help those in need, we also have to protect people like this. Sometime fighting the course of natural selection has its downside.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 PM   #4
predahank
Storing is hoarding

I took a look at listings and they are all Canadian so I’m guessing we got it before the US
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #5
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predahank View Post
I took a look at listings and they are all Canadian so I’m guessing we got it before the US

we did. youtube doesnt have american reviews on them yet and walmart.com lists them as summer pre-orders.

I imagine an American would be enticed most, Canadians should just wait a bit, you know they will be common once the show hits netflix
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
TFanPage101
Commander Magnus

No idea why people do this with early releases, it'll be out on wide release very soon for much cheaper. Who would be dumb enough to pay that? On the other hand, I've noticed people are getting more impatient on releases. One store gets something early, and some people expect all the stores to do the same.
TFanPage101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #7
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Weak
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:29 PM   #8
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerncrowe View Post
Yeah it sucks. Don't feed the scalpers. But more importantly, don't buy toys now if you are not in a financial position to do so. All these toys can wait until this is resolved, then stores will hold sales to get everyone buying stuff again.

I keep seeing posts by people in the US going on multiple location toy runs. Sit yer butts at home and enjoy what you have. This includes your existing toys and the people you share your life with. If not, we'll be like this for several more months.
Exactly my thoughts. I'm not ordering or buying anymore collectibles of any kind til' this ordeal is at least on a decline. I've got to focus my funds for more important things at the moment (eg. kids needs, car, groceries, prescriptions etc.)
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:46 AM   #9
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFanPage101 View Post
No idea why people do this with early releases, it'll be out on wide release very soon for much cheaper. Who would be dumb enough to pay that? On the other hand, I've noticed people are getting more impatient on releases. One store gets something early, and some people expect all the stores to do the same.
Yup I've pre-ordered the new SS waves at A3U because I don't want to go stores and I'd rather support a small Canadian business
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM   #10
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I'm not ordering or buying anymore collectibles of any kind til' this ordeal is at least on a decline. I've got to focus my funds for more important things at the moment (eg. kids needs, car, groceries, prescriptions etc.)
^ This 100%
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote