Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-22-2009, 11:54 PM   #101
Jefro
Robot in Disguise
Re: Zellers Transformers Toy Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Sunstreaker scanned at $7.49 so I assume the other Universe Deluxes will too.

I've only seen Wave 1-2 around locally though.
Thats great news.

I will have to head out tomorrow now and see what I can find.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #102
Nyghtwynd
Robot in Disguise

No Bruts in the back, sorry
Nyghtwynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #103
punchXcounterpunch

like any ideas on how long teh sale is on for? I wanna get superion now while its on sale but donts get paid till thursday......
punchXcounterpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #104
Icetron

It ends on the 25th if I recall correctly, which is on Thursday.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #105
MomofTFfan

Okay collectors stop hogging all the animated figures! Went to two Zellers today and only picked up one at each store. As it is my daughter is getting Lockdown, Blackarachnia, Blurr and Swindle Deluxe Class. The Roll out command OP (got it for $10 at SQ 1 Walmart months ago) and picked up the Leader Class Megatron at Winners yesterday along with some G1 Robot Heroes. So yeah, she's getting a good lot since she only has Bumblebee right now. Was just hoping to pick up some more for Christmas. Will have to watch for more sales.

My daughter is having a class pizza party today where they are also celebrating the summer birthdays. So my little one who will be turning 5 in July told me she needs a birthday present today since her birthday is being celebrated. Sneaky little thing. I had her with me when I bought Megatron.
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 PM   #106
JTCh
Armada

Does the exchanging thing work here too? Buy from Zellers and exchange them with TRU? I've only seen Oilslicks or nothing at the Zellers I've been to.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #107
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTFfan View Post
Okay collectors stop hogging all the animated figures! Went to two Zellers today and only picked up one at each store. As it is my daughter is getting Lockdown, Blackarachnia, Blurr and Swindle Deluxe Class. The Roll out command OP (got it for $10 at SQ 1 Walmart months ago) and picked up the Leader Class Megatron at Winners yesterday along with some G1 Robot Heroes. So yeah, she's getting a good lot since she only has Bumblebee right now. Was just hoping to pick up some more for Christmas. Will have to watch for more sales.

My daughter is having a class pizza party today where they are also celebrating the summer birthdays. So my little one who will be turning 5 in July told me she needs a birthday present today since her birthday is being celebrated. Sneaky little thing. I had her with me when I bought Megatron.
I went to all 4 Zellers in Kitchener/Waterloo and only 1 of them had a large selection but it was many of the same figure. Prime, Jazz, Oil Slick, Lockdown, but their were the odd Sentinel, Blurr, Swindle etc... etc... while 1 store had very little and a poor selection at that.

I ended up buying 3 Figures from one store, 1 at another and then 1 at the last I visted. Then thanks to a tip from a user here I went back to the store with the large selection and found the last figure I was looking for in a totally different aisle at the very back. I was there the first time at approx 11:30am and the main shelf was STOCKED! I was then back at 2:30pm and it was obvious alot was gone.

So with the sale, I've wondered how many parents have simply grabbed their kids one because its 50% off vs how many were collectors.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:05 AM   #108
MomofTFfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
So with the sale, I've wondered how many parents have simply grabbed their kids one because its 50% off vs how many were collectors.
I was being funny about the "collectors" bit! My husband has been sick and I don't drive so I've taken the bus once to hunt down some Animated. And had my husband take me the second time now that he's feeling a bit better. I just never had a chance to go early in the morning on the weekend which I believe would've been the best time to grab them.
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #109
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTFfan View Post

Thats awesome. They do find ways to rationalize getting new toys don't they.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote