Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 AM   #31
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: 3rd Party Transformers Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I'm looking forward to this. Animated had some awesome characters in those almanacs and even on the show that never got toys.
This.

If they do a Tux toy I'm sold for sure.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #32
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I am really cheering for this line to be a winner. We have a ton of on screen characters that still need to be made and then another ton from the Almanacs.

I was heart broken when the line was cancelled and we were literally a year away from an Omega Supreme toy and a combining Devastator. If and when MI get this ball rolling I will do my part in getting us Animated fans those missing must have figures.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #33
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

These look cool, but I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. I also hope that they keep to the Animated size scale. IMO, these two should be deluxe sized, no larger.

And I'm not sure how much appeal these will have to gamers who aren't already TF fans. Maybe they might like them, but I doubt any non TF fan gamer would give a crap about a Wasp figure.

I'd love for them to just up-size the voyager Bulkhead to leader size, since I like the voyager much more than the leader we got. They could even eliminate the auto transform gimmick I wouldn't care.

But above all else, just make these affordable. At a deluxe scale, I think any more than $30 each would be excessive.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #34
Pascal
Banned

I think it's a very risky move. The Animated style is very hard to replicate in toy form. If these end up looking off (initial renders were so-so), that will kill the line.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #35
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
These look cool, but I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. I also hope that they keep to the Animated size scale. IMO, these two should be deluxe sized, no larger.

And I'm not sure how much appeal these will have to gamers who aren't already TF fans. Maybe they might like them, but I doubt any non TF fan gamer would give a crap about a Wasp figure.

I'd love for them to just up-size the voyager Bulkhead to leader size, since I like the voyager much more than the leader we got. They could even eliminate the auto transform gimmick I wouldn't care.

But above all else, just make these affordable. At a deluxe scale, I think any more than $30 each would be excessive.
1. Mech Ideas is all about cutting out all the extra and finding ways to lower costs so to put out figures at the lowest price possible. They started this with the Demolition Crue and IIRC will continue forward on this.

2. The gaming market is only for the Mario and Luigi repaints which someone pointed out can also be Wario and Waluigi. I think this is a smart move because if they started with Bumblee and all those remoulds the line would not be fresh. This is a fresh way to start off with the ability to repaint.

3. IIRC scale was mentioned as being very important to this line so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think it's a very risky move. The Animated style is very hard to replicate in toy form. If these end up looking off (initial renders were so-so), that will kill the line.
Animated is a line that will be extremely hard to replicate due to its very unique look and feel. If MI hit it, and I think they will, they are in for a long line of Animated figures. Let us get to Omega Supreme people.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #36
justprime
Animated

I think along a different line here these toys and there desing's were built around toy MFG as per the original line and lend themselves to this Hasbro had already produced several pieces and upcomming desings(perceptor among others plus repaints) when they decide to pull the plug ,there are enough photos and drawing to considerably help out third party with there desingers for this task,....as for product ..there is still a strong following for animated (partly due to its early demise and the way it left a bad impression on the fans thats stuck ) and as such these figures won't have a problem selling if there in the right price bracket and not skimped on for quality.
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #37
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I feel 3rd party animated toys are super risky for any group. Especially for characters that had barely any screen time in the show. I think these two appeared as background characters at the most? It probably would of been a safer pick to go with a character who didn't get a toy, but had a lot of screen time. Like one of the constructions.

Yes. I would agree, If they did a combiner with the constructicons, I'm pretty sure it would be a home run.

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #38
Transbot90210
Nexus Maximus

I think many people are missing the finer details of this project which is why people are contesting the picks for a starter characters.

This is all info that I recall so some of it may be off, but this is the way I understand it.

The Animated line is one being fought for by some fans of the line that work with in a company. These fans do not have the funds to move forward and thus need to convince investors (company owner?) to go into this line. The investors (company owner?) is not too thrilled with supporting this line believing that it does not have the numbers to sell. To sweeten the pot the fans went with a fresh new mould that has repaint potential and appeal to other fans (gamers).

I am sure these guys would love to start with Devastator or Omega Supreme but the money/investment is not there yet. This is going to be a journey and one that will only be successful if the fandom gets behind it.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:14 PM   #39
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
The Animated line is one being fought for by some fans of the line that work with in a company. These fans do not have the funds to move forward and thus need to convince investors (company owner?) to go into this line. The investors (company owner?) is not too thrilled with supporting this line believing that it does not have the numbers to sell. To sweeten the pot the fans went with a fresh new mould that has repaint potential and appeal to other fans (gamers).

I am sure these guys would love to start with Devastator or Omega Supreme but the money/investment is not there yet. This is going to be a journey and one that will only be successful if the fandom gets behind it.
I get that, and the repaint potential for these two makes sense.

Frankly, starting out with a larger figure like Omega would be far riskier than Huffer and Pipes, seeing as how much larger and therefore expensive it would be

Whet people's appetite with a few smaller, more affordable figures and they might stick around when the larger more expensive ones come around.

I think the Animated Decepticons need more filling out.
I wonder what the feasability would be to get the rest of the Starscream clones would be? And might they make a whole new mold for them or just copy the existing one (excluding Slipstream who needs her own mold).
Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #40
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

SERIOUSLY you guys... I CANNOT be the ONLY ONE that sees THIS when I look at them:

Tags
animated, tfa, third party